Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tastysp in SF before tiki oasis

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

hey guys
steve here from new york city/otto's shrunken head.
I'll be in SF from 5/2 sun till 5/6 thurs. before going down to palm springs. Just looking to if there's anything going on before then.
steve

MC

Hey Steve!
I used to live in SF for almost 3 years. You must go to Tongo Room in the Fairmount Hotel. This is #1 on your list. Then there's Bamboo Hut, Trader Sam's, Trader Vic (in Oakland and Palo Alto)--I think Lilo Lounge closed since I left. Enjoy!

Also, I LOVE your Otto's t-shirt. Thanks for makin' them! i am going to Argentina for a week and this is going to be my vacation shirt!

Bon Voyage!

manic Cat

Don't miss Trader Vic's in Emeryville, or Mr. Vise Grips Bamboo Room in Fairfax. See the S.F. Crawl Tiki Events thread.

M

I don't know if Vise will be back to his summer hours yet- right know the Bamboo Bar in Fairfax is only open Fri/Sat.

tastysp, we'll come out for a drink or two- just post again as you get closer to your trip.

I'm just trying to brace for pablus' visit right now.

If you're heading out to Oakland, stop by Conga Lounge (located blocks away from Rockridge Bart station) We opened our little contribution to Oakland's Tiki culture last June and it's a great place to listen to exotica/lounge and sip on a Mai Tai. We are open Wed thru Sat from 5pm onward. Head on by. We'd love to buy you a drink and chat about Tiki culture in NYC.
For more info, check out our http://www.congalounge.com

T

hey all
thanks for the ideas!
I've been to the Tonga, Trad'r Sam's, Bamboo and Trader Vics in emeryville.
Looking foward to the Conga Lounge and others!
steve

Pages: 1 5 replies