Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

question on Bosko mugs + skipper kent's trade+ pic of "Exotica Proof" tags signed by Mr. Denny and

Pages: 1 9 replies

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Apr 13, 2004 1:05 AM

Howzit tiki experts? Just wanted to put all 3 things in one post so I didn't take up a whole lot of space. I found these cherry Bosko mugs a few weeks ago for around $15 ea so I didn't pass dem up. Da mug on da far right says #0000005 on da bottom? So da person who bought these mugs must have bought dem wen da Bosk just wen started selling mugs.....ya? does anyone else here have dat mug and does it say a different # on yours? or is that some kind of code only?
da udda 2 have no #'s. sorry nfs or trade.

da mug up for trade is a Skipper Kent's
the last 2 I checked on ebay went for $75 and $89 so I'm looking for da same in trade on another mug.

no cracks just crazing.

And last but not least, here is da "Exotica Proof" tags fully signed now just waiting on da mugs from braddah Holden. I gotta get a new camera! these pics are terrible.

shaka

[ Edited by: gecko on 2004-04-13 01:24 ]

V

I have that same first Bosko one....mine says 24.

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Apr 13, 2004 1:38 AM

mahalo for checking Virani. Did you mean da last mug to da far right? da greenish one ya?
I think those are no longer for sale on his site. I wonder how many he ended up selling. How about the middle mug? any clue how many were made? no markings but da Bosko stamp.

V

Yes, i meant the green one.
I don't have the middle one but have already saw it...but I only know it's a Bosko.

V

So is there gonna be only 25 Exotica mugs ?? I'd do anything to have one of those (especially with the signed tag)...
but i guess this is gonna be a 1 minute sell on tikifarm website ?

The one on the right is a Kukohewa. I have a few but no glaze. Those are nice.

G

thanks JT. Have any extra Bosko mugs let me know.

virani, there is 300 eotica tiki mugs that come signed by me only. The exotica proofs are only 25 and those are signed by me and Mr. Denny. Tikifarm is only selling the 300 edition. I will be selling the 25 actually 23 because Mr. D owns 1 and I'm keeping 2 for my self. Those will be on ebay only.

Mahalo

Hey Gecko,

Great score for $15 each! That's probably cheaper than they went for when they were first sold. I've got the middle one myself - it was the mug made for Bosko's own Tiki bar. I hadn't realised they were limited at the time, so it was a bit of a surprise to find they were discontinued.

It's also the only Bosko mug I have since he suddenly went with a ludicrous mail system that charges something like $50 to send a mug to the UK. :(

Trader Woody

According to Bosko's website the mugs have one mold each, about 100 of each are made. I just got the one on the right (marked #50) for $40 on ebay and am pleased, you got a nice deal. If you are unloading the other 2 let me know, I got stuff to trade.

Gecko, I'll check see if I have another Kukohewa...maybe. They look just like the one on his website says "discontinued".

Pages: 1 9 replies