Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pics of my carving tour

Pages: 1 19 replies

Here I am trying to maintain my "poker face" I've seen bigger, carve it in 1.5 days, no problem.

Heilco, the chap that brought the log, and myself working on our hernias.

carved this Mutha in a hall not much wider than the tiki.

Finishing up the carving demo.

Bribing a cool tiki fan to rally the troops for the tiki raising.

Yes, it took all of us to pick this guy up! Kuke was "tuning" his uke at the time. How convenient!

Hooray! Now where is my beer?

A well deserved cold one. Heilco owns SLP and is a great guy. Kuke is one talented artist and debuted his CD on our Euro tour. I highly suggest y'all buy it.

Off to Barcelona!

drinking with Andrew at the Aloha.

Mixologists and brothers too!

El Tiki !
Getting sheet faced with Nicolas(Kahala owner and a true classy gent) Check out the dry ice effect from the famous spanish mugs!

More drinking at the Kahala with the Missus.

Germany pics later, I'm getting tired of typing.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-04-13 02:21 ]

A

Danny,
Very cool. Sorry we woke you up last night, it was all Bongs idea.
Mahalo,
Al

No way guys, that was the BEST!

wow what a great carving - and my what a big..... tiki!

B

Way nice pix tct. Looks like a fun time was had by all and it looks like Europe snagged some of our best Tikis. Was that a Self portrait?
Heeheehahah

Enjoyed those photos!

Mahalo for the pics brah.

Can I watch you carve? Serious.

Really enjoyed the pictures. Looks like a good time!

Sweet pics Danny! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Those are great! thanks for sharing the good times
Chiki, you are one boss carver - that tiki is massive! (you decide which one I'm talking about :) )

Can't wait to see more of your "Every carvers dream vacation in Europe"

Like JT said "can I watch you carve sometime? seriously"

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Apr 13, 2004 3:10 PM

cherry! just seen this now, looks like Tangaroa! did they leave it natural or did you sand it and stain?? good job brah!

Ya, sorry for da wake up...it was Shelly's idea...we woke up da king too so you didn't think we were just pickin on you. Nice to talk to ya. Just don't f_ _ _ing call me up at 2 in da mornin to talk about how drunk you are ok!

shoots

S

Where did you get that great tapa shirt?

Hey, I know those guys!

Great photos - you now know how easy it is to carve in Europe, so please do another trip!

Trader Woody

Thanks folks , this trip was really , really fun! Y'all can watch me carve anytime and Woody, I am working on it for the Euro Carving Tour II.

Nice work as usual, brah.

On 2004-04-13 18:42, Swanky wrote:
Where did you get that great tapa shirt?

He scored it at the (shit! I can't remember the name. It's the Hawaiiana gig that was/is in L.A. every year.) Last year. They only had one.

Nice to see you with a brew Chiki! And buzzed on Fog Cutters? (what was in that tall mug??) Killer carving!!! Nice unit! Keep on trucking! No Amsterdam??

He scored it at the (shit! I can't remember the name. It's the Hawaiiana gig that was/is in L.A. every year.)

Are you thinking of the Aloha Cruz sponsered event called "Da Show"?

http://www.alohacruz.com/da_show/dashow.html

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-04-14 13:02 ]

S

Nice carving Danny. It was great to finally meet at the Tiki Ti and Miles's show.

H

Ha ha! I wish I could have been there when they showed you that log. Yikes. Well conquered. It's great to see your primo carvings spreading all around the globe.

Thanks guys, Swanky ben is right, I bought the shirt at Da Show last year the day of Gecko's BBQ. Can I say that the beer in Germany was GOOOD! More pics tonight of Germany!

Pages: 1 19 replies