Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hey Philadelphia and TC travelers. Tiki Bob's?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I found this website by accident and I got no info on a TC search.
Tiki Bob's Cantina in Philadelphia.
Anyone ever been here?
Good website.
http://www.tikibobsphilly.com/

H

Tiki Bob's Cantina is a chain of bars all owned by the same company. There are 13 I know of, including one in Seattle. I've not been to one myself, but I've heard tales of things like "Spring Break" atmosphere and body shots. I'm pretty sure they're dance clubs for the just-turned-21 set, not tiki bars. One of these days I'll have to take one for the team and go into one so that I can give a fair report. I am not looking forward to it.

Here's a thread discussing Tiki Bob's Cantina:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=3760&forum=1

I had it all backwards -- the best bed is the one that's stumbling distance from Tiki-Ti, or the Mai Kai, or the Lagoon Room, or the Alibi, or the Kon Tiki, or...
Critiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-04-13 07:45 ]

thereis a tiki bob's in baltimore's "power plant live"

the horror...

the photos page tells it all. i think we may drop by for a beer this summer, just to feel old and to gawk, traffic-accident style.

j$

My bro-in-law keeps trying to get me to go to the Tiki Bob's in Pontiac, MI. I keep refusing. When it first opened I asked him about the decor. He went on and on about how GREAT the decor was... but then I realized he was refering to girls in ultra-mini-skirts dancing on the bar.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-04-13 09:05 ]

what frat is he in? :)

thereis a tiki bob's in baltimore's "power plant live"

the horror...

the photos page tells it all. j$

Thanks for the lesson, all this time I thought tiki was the one true path......now after viewing THOSE photo's I realise that it was just a secret frat house code for weak bottled beer hell! How stupid do I feel now!

Thankyou for the warning!

D

Look at the weeekly specials-anyplace that has "all you can drink for five dollars from 7-10"is a trainwreck waiting to happen.EEEEE!

be warned... it is a place of false hope.. turn back before it's too late!

There's one in my town. It's Godawful and Hideous (BOTH at the SAME TIME!!!). I wouldn't go there again if someone stuck a hot poker into my armpit and swore they wouldn't remove it until I had consumed a Tiki Nut (Grain Alchohol and Hawaiian Punch in a plastic coconut).
If I were 21 again I would hate it. It has no redeeming qualities.

I love how the sign says "hula heaven" Bah! If that's hula heaven I don't want to see what hula hell looks like! They could have at least dressed in hawaiian shirts and had the bar girls dress in hula costumes during Halloween! Geeeez, what total lack of anything even remotely Tiki-ish.

Pages: 1 10 replies