Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis Picture Board. Your mug is wanted

Pages: 1 5 replies

I have built a 3' x4' display for Tiki Central photos at the Oasis event. I plan on plastering it with photos of all Tiki Central members who are attending the event.

This way the newbies can see who else is there and will know who is who. This is the board that the photos will be glued to.

I have decided not to post the pics that were sent to me and instead will take the time to photograph all the TC members individually and then print them out during the event and attach them. The completed board will be donated to the Caliente Tropics crew before I leave on Sunday as an expression of thanks for hosting this great event. Hopefully they can find someplace prominent to display it.

Expect to see me wandering the premises with a camera asking you to say cheese.

Thanks

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-25 23:04 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-04-26 14:26 ]

Too bad Benzart can't make it cause that pic he did in the other thread would be classic on that board!

Thanks to all who have sent such great photos to me. Keep em coming. I am working on a custom painted backdrop to mount all the photos on. Make em big and clear. I can always shrink em down if necessary.

Oh and one more thing. Since we are corresponding via email, make sure you tell me your Tiki Central Name.

Mahalo.

Monkeyman

Hi Monkeyman,

Cherry Capri beat you to the punch!

She and I did a picture board last year and were going to do another one this year with Trader Pup. But if you want to take it on... just please give Cherry some credit for compilation. She's such a hog for attention :wink:

I would send it to you via email - but since i am away from home - i have a limit on size of file i can send. and i seem to have misplaced my zip program! So here it is to download - you may be missing the "Lava Tiki" looking font though...

Here's the file from last year - plus additions made since then...
http://www.cherrycapri.com/tikifriends.doc
it's 6 pages and 8 megs with all the pics - so give it time...

This year we were going to add little gold stars or something to identify the Grand Members and also to call out the Moderators somehow.

Last year it was posted on the "Tiki Chill-out Chamber" door (where the drum circle was) - a few doors down from 135 and several folks added their names and pix to the mix which was kinda kool. i was just going to do that again - to help drive traffic to the same room. but if you have other ideas for distribution - i'm all go.

i may have additional pictures for the mix.

senorita capri.

I do recall your picture collage from last year. I was intending to put this one right in the middle of the event for easy reference.

If you would like, I can simply build the picture board (it will contain TC logos and a tapa design) and let you run with the photos.

I wanted something clear and concise that would allow all TCers to meet and know eachother. I have already collected some pictures and would be happy to coordinate with you to make it a fun addition to the event.

Of course Cherri Capri gets the credit. I am trying to add my spin to it.

Keep in touch

I decided to change plans with regards to how the collage will be assembled. See the first message in the thread for details.

Pages: 1 5 replies