Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Vera's White Sands 4/16/04

Pages: 1 1 replies

DZ

Z-Girl and I are going to be in MD for a wedding in St. Leonard on Saturday and are planning on hitting Vera's Friday night, probably around 9-ish. Any MD/DC/VA folks going to be in the area?

(I know that Friday is also the 'season opening' of The Tiki Bar in Solomon's Island, but I think Vera's is a better call... don't you?)

J

Vera's is the place to go! I've heard horror stories of the Solomon's Island tiki bar so I wouldn't worry about placing it high on your priority list...unless you like hanging out with 1000 drunken frat boys. You might want to check and see if Vera's is open yet - they're on a strict weekends only schedule during the "off season" and I don't even know when their season officially starts...Otherwise, this is as close to an authentic tiki experience as you're gonna find in the greater MD/DC/VA area - wish I could meet you down there but it's a good 3 1/2 hour roundtrip from my home. Good luck! Oh, and a word of caution...Tiki Road Trip wasn't really on the mark when it made mention of the drinks at Vera's. Plain and simple - they suck! Sneak in a flask of Mai Tai's!

Pages: 1 1 replies