Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco table lamps

Pages: 1 3 replies

RG

I recently saw a pair of witco lamps approx.4ft.high. I started researching about these and discovered this sub culture of "tiki ites". I have seen numerous items about William Westenhaver and witco, but nothing about large table lamps. any info would be appreciated. I could possibly purchase these, providing enough background info is found on these. The number on the lamps are E35730 and both are in perfect condition.

B

Welcome RL Gipe to TC.
If you go over to the "Creating Tiki" pages you may find some of what you are looking for.
AOne of "Our" woodcarvers, Keigs, is an Official Witco producer and can build any shape you would like.
Over in "Collecting Tiki" you will find several threads about Witco, or just use the Search enging. You will find more than you are looking for.
Come on in and stay awhile. Tiki doesn't rub off.

Witco did indeed make a lot of lamp bases, especially in the early 60s. The 1964 catalog offered about 50 different ones, some modern some Tiki, some antiquey, but a lot of them were cancelled the following year due to low orders, so they were never mass produced.

Also, back then, the items had low numbers, (like the lamps were "LA 47 -Boy Puppet") which even in the 70s never went up beyond 3 digits (to my knowledge).
Cannot say more, since you neglected to describe the style of the lamps, pictures would be best off course.

And forget about value quotes, TC is not a Schiffer book, and we are into it for the romance, money is nice but less of our concern. We would underprice it anyway to be able to afford it :)

Maybe Keigs knows more.

K

I know nothing. I looked through the catalogs and found nothing with more than 5 digits in the serial #. Like Bigbro says a picture or describe them and maybe we can help. As for a price. As cheap as you can get them. After you own them, priceless!

Pages: 1 3 replies