Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Waikiki Photos

Pages: 1 18 replies

A

My God, it's like looking into a mirror.

The Willows

Drinks at the royal Hawaiian

Traveler palm

Tikis, Tikis and more Tikis

]
Here I am with Shelley, Bong, Gecko and Freddie the Lurker at Chucks Steakhouse. We threw Back a few Maitais and then called Chikitiki and King Kukulele at one in the morning.

Hawaiiana Hotel

The worlds largest Uke!!!

I love the Security Camera in this pic. it looks like it is attached to the mask. Modern/Primitive.

Aloha,
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely 2007-12-02 21:28 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 12:53 ]

Hey Al,
Where do you see all those masks, tikis and weapons? We're going to Waikiki in eight weeks and might want to buy a souvenir.
Mahalo,
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-04-14 08:23 ]

A

Aloha Geoff,
The International Market Place for the mask and Tikis and the Outrigger Waikiki for the weapons. The Outrigger is the hotel where Dukes Canoe Club is located.
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: alnshely on 2004-04-14 09:32 ]

Great pics Al! Nice to see all is well in paradise. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the pics Al,
You made my morning but now I'll spend the whole day thinking about getting back to the land of aloha.
:tiki:

Dam, I wasn't invited?
Great pics Al.
No arrests were made (Bong)? Then that's a successful TC outing.
Glad you guys had a great time.

Great pictures, cant wait till i go in Sept.

Aaah, how nice! I like that pink tower table lamp (the drinks sure look good, too). Those International Marketplace Tikis have been the same for years and years, me no like... Gecko, it's time you take over the trade!

The weapons are fine, still want that Fijian Cannibal fork, but I remember that stuff as pretty expensive.
Chuck's is great, ain't it, one of the few time warp places left in Waikiki. Was The Tikis still as busy?

H

What beautiful photos! Shelley looks even lovelier than usual. I hope you had a great & relaxing time.

Wonderful photos!

Where was the tiki on the grass in photo #2 and the security camera attached to the tiki?

Also, which photo refers to "Chucks?"

Thanks.

A

Aloha Christiki295,
The moai shot was taken at the Bishops Museum and the Barkcloth mask was taken at the Honolulu Academy of Arts. The Moai is actually from Easter Island and the mask is from Papua New Guinea, New Britain and was made by the Baining People.

Here we are at Chuck's

Mahalo,
Al

The Moai is actually from Easter Island

The Moai in the courtyard at the Bishop Museum is not from Rapa Nui! It's just a reproduction!

http://starbulletin.com/2001/06/18/features/stuffs.html

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 12:54 ]

A

Fil,
That is so funny. A couple years ago one of the museum ladies told us it was from EI. Thanks for setting me straight. It was good to see you, we had a great time Thanks for everything. And thanks for the cool CDs.
Mahalo,
Al

a guys, looks like y'all had some major fun! You guys can call me anytime.

Aloha,

Al, thank you for the information and thanks, Filslash, for the clarification. However, that Easter Island replcia and those at the Polynesian Cultural Center will have to do as I, unforturnately, do not see myself visiting Easter Island in the forseeable future.

Mahalo.

Great pics, Al. Too bad we missed each other by a few hours.

Robin and I had a blast on Oahu. I will post pics as soon as I get settled and my computer is all set up.

Aloha!

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Apr 16, 2004 7:39 PM

On 2004-04-14 02:50, filslash wrote:
aloha,

what , no pics of me, and the trader?

hehehehehheheeeee!

Was fun! Call anytime!

Thats funny Fil! you crazy!

braddah Al and sisstah Shel as usuall I had a great time with you guys!! Is Shelly passed out on Bongs leg? Not surprised if she is! That wahine can drink!!!

I think I was on da phone with my main man "Chiki" or da "King Kukulele". Freddie's trying to keep that I'm sober smile on his face fo da camera but as soon as we left he ordered 10 fish sandwhiches at Mikky D's and stumbled to his truck! I know your reading this Freddie....I gon start calling you braddah Lurk! see now you get wun name now "braddah lurk" eh no need fo da kine...EXCUSES!

Man oh man, it looks like you all had a blast! That Spam Ukulele is classic. Thanks for postin the pics. I cant wait to get back to the islands.

Chongolio

Pages: 1 18 replies