Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Thrift Store Score/Disappointment

Pages: 1 4 replies

Yesterday, I was at my local thrift store during my lunch break. I found this little coconut mug. It had hairline cracks going down the side and had "Luau" on the front. So I picked it up. On a different row in the store, there was this small brown lid stuck inside of a coffee cup. I thought at first that it went with my coconut, but then I looked at the colors and they were different. I treid for about 5 minutes to get the lid out to see if it is a match, but had no luck. Becuase the colors were soo off, I just left it and bought the mug.

When I got home, I was looking through Tiki Quest and lone and behold there it is (Pg 108 I think). It's a condiment jar from the Luaa. The lid was to the coconut AND is a different shade of Brown. I prayed all night to the Tiki Gods that the lid will still be there today. Everyone wish me luck as I am going to go back today in hopes that it is still there.

To be continued......

...and the lid was still there!!!

I am now the owner of a complete Condiment jar the the Luau and it only cost $1.50!!!

Z

Yey!
That was a good cliffhanger.....
congratulations on your aquisition!

S

Did you pocket the lid or buy the cup it was stuck in or what?

I bought the mug ($0.50)that the lid was in. The lid was stuck in the mug. The only way I could get it out was breaking the coffee mug it was stuck in. The hard part was trying to explain to the cashier that I wanted the lid inside the cup, so I'll pay for the cup. The person working the register barely spoke English, but luckily the person behind me in line understood what I wanted and traslated it to the cashier.

Pages: 1 4 replies