Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Scratched cornea...

Pages: 1 11 replies

is the official diagnosis. I started feeling it yesterday, but think it may have happened on Saturday while carving. There was a moment when my goggles fogged up and I took them off to finish some detail work with a Dremmelâ„¢. Next time I will take the time to spit in my goggles and wait for them to clear up. Oh yeah, 100% recovery is expected.

D

hmmmmmmmmm. coincidence? you changed your name..and look what happened!

good news that you'll recover.

remember. safety first.
well, no. Tiki First..safety, later.

8T

I thought fish had a protective cover over their lenses ??? Oh I forgot, you are no longer "fishy". Well, mom always said " be careful or you'll put your eye out!"
or was it
"You'll go blind if you don't stop that!"

D

hey, do you get to wear an eyepatch? woulda been cooler if you had injured yourself closer to Talk Like A Pirate Day.

hope you're seeing better
elicia

So long as the scratch is on the outside it'll heal without a scar. If it's on the inside of the eye you could get a scar (I have several, 1 of which is visible to me from the inside).

Wait. You were Tiki Fishy.

That was such a cool name

-g-

Well the doc said I'm 95% recovered and will be 100%. Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I'll be carving again on Saturday.

Apparently they use pretective contact lenses these days, no eye patches, but I would have asked for a black one.

Also, there is no curse, just a um, unfortunate coincidence.

B

Hope so. Those recoveries usually take longer than you think, Shoulda listened to mama.when she said you'd go blind if you don't stop that and You said "Its mine and Ill wash it as fast as I want to." keep putting the drpos in your eyes, the Doc gave tou. they dont do any good in the bottle

Always keep a box of wooden matches in your shop/studio. If you get a chunk of whatever in the old eye ball, light a match, let it cool then use the tip to dig it out. It acts like a magnet. Works for me. Except one time when a poop load of fine boo dust took over both eyes. Had to chill for a few hours to get vision back. Tried to think of sad things to well up the old tear-a-rooines!

Be carefull out there. Safety First!

For real? Man, the things you learn.

MB

Raffertiki wrote:

Yup, I think he was late for dinner that evening :)

On 2004-04-16 22:23, Mrs. B wrote:
Raffertiki wrote:

Yup, I think he was late for dinner that evening :)

Late for dinner that evening? Ha! You crack me up. (am I ever early for dinner??)

Fishey, yes! Takes a little practice, but it works. Also, keep a few tubes of Super Glue in your studio for when you get "that big slice". It'll save you a trip to the hospital. One more for the road. "Laquer Thinner works well on Burns."

Just joking on that last one. Ouch! That would send you to the hospital!!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies