Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

So, who has the "TIKI TI" California vanity plates?

Pages: 1 9 replies

I just ran into a lady at my work who had TIKI TI vanity plates. I asked her if it was b/c the bar and, sure enough, she said her husband was a huge fan of the bar and all things tiki. We got to talking for a little bit and I asked if her husband was "a member of that website" (I post so infrequently anymore that I briefly forgot the name of Tiki Central! In fact, does anyone remember me?) Anyway, she said yes, and I'm a little curious as to who owns these plates.

H

My co-worker was very excited to report to me first thing this Monday morning that he saw a license plate that said "TIKI..." something over the weekend. He couldn't quite remember. It was a silver vehicle, here in West LA.

Could it be our own Kreaky Tiki?
Personalized License Plates

Would make sense, seeing as how he lives in Goleta and I live in Santa Barbara. Wonder why we've never run into each other before?

Trader_Rick wrote:
I just ran into a lady at my work who had TIKI TI vanity plates. I asked her if it was b/c the bar and, sure enough, she said her husband was a huge fan of the bar and all things tiki.....I'm a little curious as to who owns these plates.

Couldn't you have just asked her who her husband was?

Kreakytiki, you have the best license plate, possibly even better than the "Got Tiki" of the Purple Orchid crew.

That is definitely showing the tiki love.

Trader Rick, that would be me. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say something to my wife about the plates. The reason why we are not running into each other up here in paradise is because "we ain't got no tiki bar". So, I do most of my mixing and drinking at home, with my wife who's kind enough to put up with my tikiness. Lately I have been taking my 2 little girls to Alphie's in Goleta for breakfast on Saturdays, which is the most tiki spot around.

cheers,

KT

On 2004-04-15 21:49, Kreaky Tiki wrote: The reason why we are not running into each other up here in paradise is because "we ain't got no tiki bar".
[Quote]

Could you guys help the owners of Chucks to see the light, or make a tiki donation to give yourself the necessary ambience for your mai-tais?

I grew up with the manager Brad, but I really do not have time to be out. I've got three kids ages from 7 months to 6 years, and I can not get out. My kids dig all that's tiki, and when Daddy has an incoming box, everyone gathers 'round because they know that within the box is another great tiki figure. When I'm making drinks my kids get to have passion fruit, pineapple, and lime drinks. It is just one great party in my ocean room. I just need to get Chiki tiki and Basement Kahuna to carve me up some killer big figures and we will be out of control "in a good way". Chuck's does not get it, you are better off hitting the Beachside in Goleta. They make about five great tropical drinks. Otherwise my house has the best drinks in town. The Tiki Ti woukd be proud!

Cheers,

KT

[ Edited by: Kreaky Tiki on 2004-04-16 22:02 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies