Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

More Johnny Sens Tiki Mugs & Duncan Tiki Bowls on Ebay.

Pages: 1 38 replies

Just some more mugs that I have up for sale. Check em out! http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=nedyahr&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1

[ Edited by: kokomotikibar&grill on 2002-08-22 12:19 ]

[ Edited by: Kokomotikibar&grill on 2002-09-12 07:19 ]

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-09-17 09:35 ]

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-10-07 08:49 ]

I like your mugs, but I was wondering whether you mark them in a manner that will warn potential third party buyers that they are reproductions?

Oh, and help a man out by bidding on these so my starving children can be fed. Oh, and so I can build my in home Tiki bar. My wife lets me use this money to build it. So help a brother out. Is that enough begging? If not, I will continue.

Hey hipster! Well, I would hope that the next seller will be honest about it. No other way than that.

Hey Kokomo. Let me get this straight. Is the black Leilani mug a repo.? I have read before your mold story.

No, the mug is from the Leilani as discribed. I have two, getting rid of one. Thanks.

On 2002-08-22 14:10, BONBONVIC wrote:
I have read before your mold story.

What do you mean by this?

Thanks. I have placed a bid.

Thanks for the bid. You would really like the others. They are new reproductions, but they are well made one at a time. I just wish I could find a old Tiki Bob mold. Now that would be cool. New vintage mugs, they are awesome, Check my feedback on them. Thanks.

On 2002-08-22 14:18, KokomoTikiBar&Grill wrote:

On 2002-08-22 14:10, BONBONVIC wrote:
I have read before your mold story.

What do you mean by this?

Referring to buying molds and doing repo's

Sorry! Well get some of those other mugs I got up on ebay then. Help a starving brother Tiki Centralite out. Thanks for your bidding. Donald

M

Bon Bon-

I'm the guilty party I'm afraid. Let it be said that there was no other activity on this one. And let it also be said that this mug means a lot to me: My family is from Fresno, and I have been looking for one of these forever. My mother tells great stories about getting trashed with various boys at the Leilani on Blackstone. Though it appears she was too drunk to remember to keep any of the mugs! She'll get a kick out of it.

My apologies. Now if I could only afford the Tiki Bob that's ending in one hour....

-martin

M

Now if I could only afford the Tiki Bob that's ending in one hour....
-martin

Yep, I feel the same way about the Steve Crane Tiki mug that ends tonight. Lovely to look at, but outside the envelope for what I will pay.

Just a few items from my August sale remain, but they're some of the best pieces. Maybe I will have some things to bring to the mini-auction.

midnite

YOU BASTARD. :P Just kidding. Oh well...
Now to make you feel guilty. I was buying this for my 3 1/2 year old named Leilani. I have amassed matchbooks, menu's, and mugs and am planning to give to her when she is older.
I will forgive all over a double Mai Tai
:drink:

M

here's one for Leilani....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2136020894

Now, wouldn't she also like a Luau Hut mug? Perhaps somethig nice for Mom/Dad along the lines of a "Goateeki" or even the quirky classic "Aku Tiki, Nebr."? I know just the seller to fit that bill!

Such a hack I is,
midnite

Thanks. Midnite I am on it!!!

Score!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2136020894

Thanks Midnite. Neener Neener to Martiki I paid less than I originally bid.
:drink:

I just put up two more mugs. They can be seen by clicking the link on the first submission.

M

Neener Neener right back at you- I just got another one from the same dealer for less than that by visiting her store.

-martin

(Yeah, that was petty. But, Mom! He started it!)

B

Good one!!!!!!!

By the way. Have you given the mug to your Mom and what was her reaction?

M

I told her I got it, and she had a good laugh. She used to go with her boyfriend Joey, and the Leilani was considered a pretty nice place at the time. She remembers the tall drinks at the time and that they were very strong. My mother is also a lush, so when she says strong, she means it. Both the Leilani and Luau have great old signs out front, but they're both nasty all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets now. The bar in the Luau is now a storage room.

A little slice of Fresno history.

BTW, the woman that runs the shop has a collection of shriner memorabilia, and one of the pieces is a little ceramic bell shaped like a fez with a shriner logo on the front. One of her friends glued it on top of a black Moai mug and not only does it fit perfectly, it creates possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen. Looks like one of Tiki King's velvet paintings come to life! She was not willing to part with it, sadly.

-martin

Mugs ending today! Help feed the starving children.

M

Ooh! Success! Was just in an antique store the other day that had loads of shriner memorabilia. Found a little ceramic fez from an LA Shriner convention in 1950 that fits like a glove (with a slight rakish tilt) on the head of my black moai mug.

Everyone should have one.

-martin

T

OK I wanted to let everybody know that I just got one of the 1962 mugs, and it's a really cool looking mug, really unique. Mine is done in a beautiful green glaze, but the best part is this thing fits in my hand like it was custom-made for it! Great job Kokomo!

Just wanted to add my kudos to Kokomo as well. I have the '65 bowl / mug and the '67 Easter Island moai, and both are about the coolest damn things on my shelf! Awesome colors on them! Keep up the good work, Kokomo, ...I'm still gunning for the '62 mug!

[ Edited by: TikiMikey on 2002-09-19 21:03 ]

Thanks fellows. I will be designing my own mug as soon as I get the time. You here this Tiki Central, my mugs are awesome!

All of you guys that are asking about my mugs, here are some more up for sale! You got to see the red one. It has small black pepper flakes in the glaze. And all of you kids that are wondering, MY GLAZES ARE ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE AND NON_TOXIC!!!!!!!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=nedyahr&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1gs

R

Martiki wrote:
"My family is from Fresno..."

Hey Martin, it takes a brave man to admit such. I'll chime in and admit that my family is from Madera--the gateway to Fresno--and I went to school in Fresno for 11 years and lived there on my own for about 4 years. Is the Luau still there?

That brings up an anecdote: in Fresno, back in my mod days in the early '80s, I had a good friend named Martin. We used to hang out at this divey club in Clovis that had tiki bar pretensions but was mostly used by rockers and new wavers. Martin moved to SF in '84 and invited me to come room with him until I could find my own place, which I did, in '85. He was an amateur DJ, and used to spin some pretty strange stuff for those times at mod clubs--Mancini, EW&F, whatever struck his fancy. I hear he's doing pretty well now. He calls himself "Doc Martin"."Fresno: One of the Finest Cities to Move Away From."

Is that like the shoe guy Doc Martin?

R

Umm...no.

Not that I listen to such music (nor that I would be ashamed to admit it if I did) but "Doc Martin" is one of the biggest DJs out there. Plays Ibiza, Cream, Liquid, etc. Travels the world on club owner's dimes, playing records in their clubs. I don't really understand it myself, but then I probably couldn't dance to house or whatever it is anyway.

Still, it's pretty weird to see my pudgy old friend from Fresno married to a top fashion model and flying between LA, NY and London every week, to play records. Funny old world.

Which top fashion model and have you seen her naked?

M

I know what you mean about Doc Martin. I lived with him and his grandma for a little while when we were mods in San Francisco.
I remember him riding around town on his old Lambretta scooter that said "The Performer" on the side. And he used to DJ our mod gigs as "The Pengiun" until he changed his name.
I can't wait until my Vespa gets out of mothballs!!

R

Gadzooks! Would your initials be "B.W." by any chance?

M

Yes, Mr Smiley's initials are "BW" and I am going to be on TV wednesday night-see other post.

PS-to "RCH" I am trying to figure out who you are-did you work at restaurants including one on Union Sreet back then?

R
rch427 posted on Wed, Oct 2, 2002 9:32 PM

Hmmm...Well, I used to work at the restaurant "Square One", down off Jackson Square.

OK, I will reveal all through five clues--some embarassing, some benign.

1. Fresno (you already knew that)

2. About your height and build

3. Blonde

4. Red Allstate, white GS-160

and...

1. Becky Carson.

Guess which clue is embarassing.

Hello again, Bruce.

-- Robert

M

I'll chime in and admit that my family is from Madera--the gateway to Fresno--and I went to school in Fresno for 11 years and lived there on my own for about 4 years. Is the Luau still there?

Sorry to be so long in replying. Yeah, the Luau and the Leilani are still there, though in sad states. They don't have bars anymore. Both are now nasty all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets, but they still have the great signs out front. Until recently, the Luau also had a sign that read Tiki Bar at the side lounge entrance, but the door is bolted shut and the space is a storeroom. They took down the sign before I had a chance to buy it from them! :)

Ahhh...Madera. I have a good customer there, so I'm there all the time, hanging with what we call "Madera Thug Life". Fresno isn't really the end of the world. That would be Bakersfield. (I'm only kidding, Patrick! :):)) The Tower District is a pretty cool place these days, but it's small. (Continuing to fly OT) Anyone ever try a Stockholm? It's served at a restaurant in Fresno:

1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
1 oz vodka
Shake and strain and fill rest of cocktail glass with pink champagne. (Alternately, a Stockholm Royale includes a splash of Chambord on top). Mmmm..good!

The hardest part about making this drink is bringing yourself to buy pink champagne where people can see you.

-martin

martiki6 wrote:

The symptoms of Stockholm syndrome include the ability to buy pink champagne in public. :wink:

Pages: 1 38 replies