Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

A silly sofa question

Pages: 1 4 replies

Does anyone have a picture of vintage rattan sofa? I am having our Haywood Wakefield Ashcraft living room set re-upholstered and am not sure if the cushions are the original shape. The seat cushions are the more squared shape with a flat vertical piece but the backs are different in that they don't have that large flat piece that runs along the side (the front and back have only piping connecting them together, not a flat three inch section). I don't know if that make sense but I am not sure how else to explain it.

I am planning to use MelinaMade fabric in the orange and rust Tiki pattern and black bark cloth. Most of the sofa sets that I have seen have the pattern on the front of the seat and the back with the solid on the rest. The patterned fabric is pretty expensive and I wondered if it would look nice to use the print for the piping and throw pillow and the black bark cloth for the rest.

Just wondered if anyone had some suggestions.

Thank you!
Gem

A

Thank you, Al! There is a lot of great info in those posts! I wish I that had read them before we bought our set...

Does anyone have information on Haywood Wakefield Ashcraft? That is what our set is and I would love to learn more about it.

I tried posting this last night, but my cable modem sucks!

anyway, my Moms' rattan set, which has been re-upholstered 3 times, has always had cushions like you described:

Boxed & Corded on the seat cushions
Knife-edge with a cord on the back cushions

-Z

A

Pages: 1 4 replies