Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Friday Night Questions about Oasis 4

Pages: 1 6 replies

I was considering participating in the costume contest on Friday night but I am not entirely certain what constitutes a Tiki Tomorrowland dress code? What would I wear in a sweltering desert climate? Sharkskin suit?

Any pics someone could dig up would be helpful. I am loaded with vintage aloha shirts but have no clue about the other stuff.

Monkeyman

Wear sum'thang that George Jetson would wear. Wear sum'thang that would be Spage Age Tiki. Or, go naked and paint yourself with metalic paint! You would probably win! Hey, that's an idea!!

Monkeyman, personally, I was in a quandry about this one too. I figured it would be a kind of Barbarella meets Tikis from Outer Space. I'm gonna try and put something together.

You are all being too literal. Try to think of something more subtle like speaking tersely or altering your alpha-waves .

GRUFFF......
I will be appearing as myself.
GRUFFF......

Thank you.

Would love to see someone do a groovy 60's-meets-the-future flight attendant from 2001:

I was considering coming as this:

but it's just too complicated...

A

Hey Tiki-Bot, the guy who owns that exact 2001 monolith, the one in the picture you linked to, lives in the east bay. Maybe he'd let you borrow it. He also owns one of those neat red "Djinn" chairs from the space station scene early in the flick.

-Randy

Pages: 1 6 replies