Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kiddie tacky tiki at Big Lots

Pages: 1 13 replies

S

Very minimal and not top of the line, but maybe more on the way. The Big Lots! in Glendale (CA) has plastic grass skirts, plastic Tiki Mugs, an inflatable tiki cooler, some tiny tiki boogie boards. (the boogie boards are tiny...like for a five year old.) Also candles in coconuts, tropical theme plastic plates, and that sort of thing. Empty areas on the shelves so maybe more coming. Not the greatest stuff, but inexpensive goodies for your tiki tots

WHERE is the Big Lots in Glendale, please?

I spent a few minutes "rearranging" the sets of assorted swizzles, substituting tikis for suns until I had at least one tiki in each color.

S

Hi Bigbrotiki,

It's probably not technically in Glendale, but but just on the northern border with La Canada on Foothill Blvd. The address is:

2243 Foothill Boulevard
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011.

Like I said, it's not the greatest stuff, but cheap. The boogie boards were about 2 bucks as were the bamboo tiki torches. In fact everything seemed to be about that price. Happy Hunting!

On 2004-04-17 09:29, spy-tiki wrote:
Hi Bigbrotiki,

It's probably not technically in Glendale, but but just on the northern border with La Canada on Foothill Blvd. The address is:

2243 Foothill Boulevard
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011.

Like I said, it's not the greatest stuff, but cheap. The boogie boards were about 2 bucks as were the bamboo tiki torches. In fact everything seemed to be about that price. Happy Hunting!

Spy Tiki, so the Big Lots in Glendale is just up the street from JPL, Pasadena? :D

S

[i]Spy Tiki, so the Big Lots in Glendale is just up the street from JPL, Pasadena? :D

Hey freddiefreelance,

More or less. West of the Glendale freeway about where Ocean Ave hits foothill.

Also, I just stopped in again (I missed the swiszzles last time and did the mix & match for maximum tiki swizzle) and there is indeed more.

Coconut bras for the grass skirts, Some plastic bendy straws with tikis on them for the kiddies, and some candles.

One a large plastic cylinder with a tiki emblem and a citronella candle inside in several colors, and another package of three with little (3" diameter/3"high) ceramic holders with tiki emblem and citronella candles. These didn't look too bad.

Not to mention more plastic glasses and polynesian themed dishes. All very cheap.

Oh yeah, and some gift bags that look like Hawaiian shirts.

S

Here ar the swizzles:

[ Edited by: spy-tiki on 2004-04-17 16:10 ]

MB

Just a guess....but I'm thinkin' the "tiny boogie boards" are kickboards...but, just a guess. Who am I to say?
Otherwise, light the flamingos on fire. But remember safety with flame. Or not.
Aloha!
Emmmm Ya!

Well yeah, they're probably kick boards, but they have full size boogie boards with the same designs. Just tell the tots they're boogie boards.

I just returned from Pick N save... I mean Big Lots. I bought the 3 pc ceramic candles (all 4 colors), the large hollow outdoor candle, a coconut and pineapple candle, 1/2 dozen plastic Tiki cups (for my wild pool parties), an inflatable Tiki Cooler (kinda funkly lookin). The stuff isn't too bad for the price. I just hope the candles don't melt in my car on this hot So Cal April Day.

On 2004-04-26 14:07, TikiTrevor wrote:
I just returned from Pick N save... I mean Big Lots.

I know I'm probably one of the younger ones on this board, but I no longer feel so old if there's someone else who remembers Pick N Save.

C

I just ransacked Big Lots today in West Columbia, SC (so much for Cinco de Mayo) and picked up some genuine faux bamboo cooler cups, some of the stirrers, and 2 packs of tiki straws. If I had had more money to spend, I probably would have picked up some other things. They also had some el cheapo bamboo tiki torches for sale. I wish I could have torches on my deck at my apartment...

S

Somewhere there's a thread about fitting them for electric bulbs.

C

I hadn't thought of that...of course, it's the smell and the fire that I'd want them for...

Pages: 1 13 replies