Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki at Lion Country Safari..?

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I used to love going here as a kid - it was just down the street from where we lived! The safari trails portion of the place was hit or miss - on an off day, the animals could be bored, sleeping or hiding... But the entertainment area was always fun - cheesy - but fun! Admittedly - these are more African than Polynesian, but they still have that exotic feel to them....

TM1

Tangaroa, I remember a jeep ride, where there were charging fake rhinos and other things that came out of the bushes at you...do you have any info/pix on that one?

I see that there is a lion country safari in florida, that has the same basic layout..and the lake is named the same as the original..same company?

Hey Tangaroa!
Here is one of my old threads about the guy who carved those tikis.
Thanks for the pics.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=7776&forum=1

T

On 2004-04-16 15:36, tiki mick wrote:
Tangaroa, I remember a jeep ride, where there were charging fake rhinos and other things that came out of the bushes at you...do you have any info/pix on that one?

Yes - I have some good pix - I'll try & dig them out... That ride is up there with the Sea World (ride vehicles made out of the stroller designs), as an example of something I went on once or twice & have only fleeting memories of...

*On 2004-04-16 15:36, tiki mick wrote:*I see that there is a lion country safari in florida, that has the same basic layout..and the lake is named the same as the original..same company?

That one is the original one (not counting the South African prototype) that opened in 1969 or so.... I think of all the Lion Countries (there were 4 or 5 of them at one point), the Florida one is the only one left - and not owned by Harry Shuster & Co. any more.... But you can still go & drive thru just like you did in the 70s!

Pages: 1 4 replies