Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis IV - Postcard Trading anyone?

Pages: 1 6 replies

How many other postcard/paper collectors will be making the trip this year? I'll be heading out from Denver again. I'll bring along a binder or two of my collection, which includes a handfull of duplicate cards. Anyone else have dups and want to trade? How about meeting for an hour on Sat. afternoon (2ish) in the breakfast room next to the Reef bar (that is if Casey will let us use it)?

How about meeting for an hour on Sat. afternoon (2ish) in the breakfast room next to the Reef bar (that is if Casey will let us use it)?

They serve breakfast in the Reef now. But, the old room is now a meeting room called the "outrigger" named by someone here. Hey! do you have any postcards of the Stardust in Vegas aka Aku Aku ?? I need!!! (will pay.just ask for me.)

Warning Hijacked thread...

RevB wrote

the old room is now a meeting room called the "outrigger" named by someone here

Wow, "The Outrigger" I love how that sounds...What a truly original and clever name for a meeting room, I wonder which brilliant and obviously gifted Tiki Central family member thought of such a stellar name? Probably someone with a really big brain! Someone who hardly makes any spelling errors when they post. It has to be someone with a deeply earnest and thoughtful soul, someone very generous, considerate and tremendously humble.
The Outrigger Meeting Room...must be devine because it's name sounds like paradise to my ears....

Yea ~ tremendously humble, thats it! :wink:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-04-18 23:29 ]

DZ

Postcard trading? Wow, I'm really surprised Sabu hasn't responded to this thread yet!

I'm certain he'll be bringing his paper collection to Oasis, all 5,6,10(?) volumes of postcards, menus, napkins, placemats, matchbooks, you name it...!!

(If you've seen "The Boy's" awesome collection before - it's better than you remember, trust me! He adds to it all the time; if you haven't - well, you've got something incredible to look forward to!)

T

I'll bring all my stuff including some rare matchbooks and a Lanai (San Mateo) oversize postcard and advertising brochure! (not for trade though) I think I have some stuff for trade too...
Lookin' forward to seeing everyone's stuff!

H

If any of you are interested in having your collection represented in Critiki, I would LOVE to talk to you at Oasis. I envision Critiki one day becoming a useful reference for looking up matchbooks, menus, mugs, postcards, etc. for a particular restaurant or hotel. You can see some great items from puamana's collection in Critiki already. Find me at Oasis!

Hi All,

Haven't checked TC in a few days or you know I would've been all over this thread. Yes! I will definitely bring my postcard/matchbook binders and all extras I have for trading. Looking forward to seeing other collections.

Sabu

Pages: 1 6 replies