Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

COCONUT Motel Quicktime video!

Pages: 1 4 replies

IT'S UP AND RUNNING!!!

AT http://www.angelfire.com/un/maitai

... on the front page, in the Tiki Events section!!!

THE COCONUT MOTEL QUICKTIME VIDEO

The Mai Tai gang goes to the Coconut Motel in Trois-Rivières... a 17 minute epic in 4 parts!!!

Part 1 - Road Trip: in which some of us make a pit stop at the Archie snack bar in Yamachiche.

Part 2 - Settling In: in which we show you every nook and cranny of the Coconut Bar and Motel (accompanied by the exotic sounds of Billy Mure and the Jimmy Namaro Trio).

Part 3 - Hilarity Ensues: in which we consume exotic cocktails and act silly (accompanied by Les Baxter, Warren Barker, and a d.j. who got us to dance to the theme to Hawaii 5-0).

Part 4 - in which we sit down for breakfast on Easter morning and someone inevitably pulls out a ukulele and starts singing Beach Boys songs...

Thanks to Michèle and everyone at the Coconut for letting us have fun!

Enjoy!

Coool flick!

Yes, very cool indeed. Thanks for the video, as it lets people like me, who has never been there (or to any Tiki bar as of yet) enjoy the view. The music you selected for the background was great as well.

Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks - Lin Yutang

[ Edited by: Dimethios on 2004-04-18 12:51 ]

S

Oh man!

I had been staring at their website thinking SHANGRI-LA! But needed confirmation.

When am I gonna get back that-a-way?!?!?

Thank you all so much for giving us a vicarious thrill and a half!

O

John, Once again great video...man wish we were there! You guys seem to have a lot of fun, and the Nut looked like a great place to be. The music was perfect and keep up the good work. Looking foward to the next one!! mahalo...
:drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies