Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Spencer tiki stuff

Pages: 1 15 replies

I am pretty sure that this has already been discussed but what the hey, Some really cool stuffa t Spencers, lamps,tiki bar signs
and a "tiki bar" which I guess is kinda neat if your five feet tall, Gotta get on or two of the Moai Lamps, I remember them selling these lamps or somthing similar about two years ago and am unsure if they are from the same manufacturer. Cool as heck tho.
Gotta run to nice a day to be sitting here at the computer!
Jay

My wife and I went to the mall (first time in a lota years) in search of Tiki in contemporary life. Wanted to stop in at Spencers to see if they had the ceramic Tiki pitcher somebody posted here earlier. No luck, and no clues from the sales people if ever had or would ever have any. On the positive side, I was really impressed with the little Tiki carved necklace stand (not for sale) they had to display their otherwise average "Island" necklaces. If you know anybody who works at Spencers, this would be a nice item to lay claim to!

T

On 2004-04-18 14:20, SilverLine wrote:
On the positive side, I was really impressed with the little Tiki carved necklace stand (not for sale) they had to display their otherwise average "Island" necklaces. If you know anybody who works at Spencers, this would be a nice item to lay claim to!

My thoughts exactly when I saw this yesterday.I also kinda liked the erupting volcano(a water filled table top....thing)with erupting sound.

K

I stopped in Spencer Gifts last Friday. I didn't see any tiki stuff and when I asked they were just like "duhhh..." Last year they had those Clay Art mugs, some candles, etc. I'll be checking again this week.

:drink:

S

re: last year...toward the end of the season they had everything tiki for 50% off, but when you got to the register it was really 75%!!!

Hmmmm
Well I was in Spencer as they were opening for the day, (Car busted so had to be at sears early) The only person there was the manager, so I didnt have to deal with a bunch of stoned out mallrats, or obnoxious kids.
She said that they were just starting to get in their summer stuff, and that they excpected to get more "Hawain stuff" in, so I guess all I can say is be patient and it will be there, Kinda like tiki stuff at Marshals.
Good luck in the hunt,
Jay

and what exactly is wrong with stoned out mall rats!?!

nada thing, used to be one myself,

K

Stopped by Spencers today and they finally got in their tiki stuff. The mugs are the same ones they've been selling at Kohls and Marshall's that come with the drink mixes and colored sugar. The Moai lamps are pretty cool but a bit pricey, as was the Tiki Bar sign (kinda googie) and the hula lamp. I'll probably wait to see whats left when they start marking stuff down in the summer before I buy anything. Their tiki items just seem kind of pricey for the quality. Then again, I do have a b-day coming up.

:drink:

[ Edited by: Juno on 2004-04-20 11:30 ]

On 2004-04-18 18:31, TikiBud wrote:

My thoughts exactly when I saw this yesterday.I also kinda liked the erupting volcano(a water filled table top....thing)with erupting sound.

I bought one about 5 months ago and it started leaking slowly. I took it apart to investigate and it was comming from the pump. Not worth the money to fix it. I might buy another because I liked it so much.

Was at Spencer's today-whole lotta fun stuff-bought the light up tiki sign-but I'd like to change out the flashing bulbs so it glows continuously.They had big easter island head lights,but they were kind of pricey and the colors were strange (burnt orange,anyone?).Got a free lei because the light was over thirty dollars.I'll definately go back and see about some other goodies.

Yesterday I went to a Spencer's here in Canada and bought a big styrofoam tiki head. It has a big gaping mouth with fabric that flickers like fire when turned on. It uses LED lights and a fan. They also had the cool fiberglass moai heads. A huge one in red, and two smaller ones in orange and green. Cool, but more like "Tiki Goes to Vegas" The head I have fits in much better with the old style stuff. I had a hard time deciding which to bring home.

They also had a chip and dip set that has a pineapple mug for the dip in the middle. I didn't realize the mug was supposed to hold salsa until I found that there was no hole in the lid. It looks very authentic though. For something new.

E

I was there last week and since my friend told me that Spencers has tiki items in the store, I took my digital camera along. Here's what the front of our store looks like. Tiki mania!

They also have a Suffering Bastard pen (and a couple of other tiki head pens) which I picked up as my official writing utensil for my Tiki Room guest journal.

haha, that's EXACTLY what our Spencer's window looks like. They must have a little map that tells them where to put everything.

No pens though, those are COOL! I'll have to keep my eyes open.

D

Well,it was only a matter of time.... e-bay Item number: 3909677563-HONESTLY,for a thirty dollar sign.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3909677563&rd=1

[ Edited by: docwoods on 2004-04-25 13:55 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies