Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Oasis IV (2004) Attendance List~Are you on it? Read First Post.

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

By popular request I am starting this years roll call thread for Tiki Oasis IV. If you are going either private message me or email me, or even reply here and I'll edit THIS post and add you to this list.
Bringing kids? Tell me their age(s), so us parents can let our own kid(s) know if they will have playmates. All the kids got along great last year!

**Attending:

Please note that this is NOT any type of guarantee for entering into the event. You must contact Otto directly yourself for your tickets and confirmation. (Caliente Tropics guests must check with the hotel directly for your confirmation.) This list is just for public knowledge as to who is going to the event.

A few have asked why I have put the "links" to the attendees profiles. Three reasons: First, to have quick access to past posts of the TC member to refresh your memory. Second, to see where other TC'ers are traveling from (so it would be nice if all of you could update your profile). Third, to see what other TC'ers interests & occupations are (sure it's a vacation, but it never hurts to network!).

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2004-05-06 16:05 ]

What about the "Subserviant Chicken!!!"

T

I'm in and will be there Friday through Sunday! See ya all there!

kick_the_reverb & Mrs. kick_the_reverb
Will be there.
See you
Ran

Family Bong will be there with kids!

T

Trustar clan is in the house!

Turstar, Little Susan
& Grandkids
Tikiboy Gage age 7
Hula-hips Mackenzie age 6

T

Conga Lounge will be well represented :
Mr and Mrs Conga Mike and DJ Mano

BambooBen/RevBambooBen........ Who's it gonna be?

Bamboo Ben. The work-a-holic (during the day, sun up to after sun down).

or

RevBambooBen. The alco.............tc-holic(everyone needs a release and TC seems to be it for the Rev.).

I'm sure they'll both be there!!! Can't wait! It just get's better and better each year!

Hey!! Check it out and click on "Mrs. Bamboo" what the??? Cool! score.

My Wife and my 2,1/2 year old daughter will be there .

Mr. and Mrs. Hazmania will be attending.

I will be attending with my girlfriend Trader Jack. We're coming over from England and it's our first Tiki event in the US. Be gentle with us!

vwtikigirl and mr. vwtikigirl will be attending for at least saturday, the rest is still up in the air. We got our confirmation today!

T

Hey,
Just before the Gong. Mr. and Mrs. Tikifrog will be there from Friday to Sunday. Good to see you guys.

Yay, TikiFrogs! I remember you from Baby Poly Pop's bday last year. Hot Rod and Trader Jack, look forward to meeting you.

Glad to see that all y'all are making the trek to the lovely Caliente Tropics :)

OH MY GOD
We have had reservations since, like, before dirt was invented.
Mini Va-k
Wed. leave right when the kids get out of school
All day Thurs.
All day Fri.
All day Sat.
All day Sun.
Total TIKI relaxation, BUT NOOOOOOOO
The School calls and leaves a message.
STATE testing will begin on Monday and continue thru Friday.
"Please refrain from removing your children from school this week"
What can we do? What can we do?????
It will be so lonely out there for two days without my family.
I know my TIKI family will be there.
But it is just not the same.
Hey BONG can you give me lessons on how NOT to miss my family???

DZ

On 2004-04-24 07:50, thebaxdog wrote:

The School calls and leaves a message.
STATE testing will begin on Monday and continue thru Friday.
"Please refrain from removing your children from school this week"

Bax, are you sure you have those dates right? Statewide testing (that usually means the whole state does it at the same time - usually...) begins THIS Monday, April 26 and continues for the next 2 weeks. Depending on the school - mine for instance, the testing might be completely done by Oasis week. Besides, the students have until Friday the 14th to make up any tests they miss, so taking them out for a couple of days shouldn't be a big deal. I have kids that miss testing days all the time - no big whoop.

I say - bring the family, as planned!

Bax- Dr. Z is right. The window of testing doesn't END until May 21 (statewide). My school is beginning testing on May 10. It's a courtesy to have your kids in on those days, but all districts allow time for makeups. And Dr. Seymore Tests would say, "It has been statistically proven that children perform better on assessments after a long relaxing weekend."

Bax,

You better bring the family! Don't make me cut down a tree, carve a club and beat the district bureaucrats about the head and shoulders. Besides, standardized tests are a joke. I never took them as a kid and look where I am today.

On 2004-04-24 09:41, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Bax,

You better bring the family! Don't make me cut down a tree, carve a club and beat the district bureaucrats about the head and shoulders. Besides, standardized tests are a joke. I never took them as a kid and look where I am today.

How's the saying go?? What's a thousand dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?? A good start?? I think "District Bureaucrats" would be another good group to add to that joke. :)

And Charles..... are you trying to make us completely loose faith in our schools with your last comment. hee-hee! (I'm kidding of course :)

I'm booked Dano.

Me & the Mrs. will be there.

Don't forget about Atomicchick and her hubby! We are so there!

I'll be there with Kilomama and Shaka jr.
(13) He was the one dressed as a robotic tiki last year. I don't know where he gets it from? He had a blast last year with Bax's kids and the like. Can't wait! Wes

V

On 2004-04-22 13:46, Tikifrog wrote:
Hey,
Just before the Gong. Mr. and Mrs. Tikifrog will be there from Friday to Sunday. Good to see you guys.

Hey tikifrog,
Bring me some souvenir please... I'm so sad that i can't come.

T

A little off-topic, but is anyone bringing mugs to trade (AtomicChick?)

P.S.- Wahine Kathleen will be coming with me (and Shecky also!)

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2004-04-28 14:04 ]

Count me in for Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to meeting fellow TC'ers in person.

K

Hey we'll (Kelptiki and Tiki-D) be there. Staying at the Tropics, see ya all there.

On 2004-04-24 07:50, thebaxdog wrote:
Hey BONG can you give me lessons on how NOT to miss my family???

Baxdoggie-style,

You forgot I also left Mdm Bong home last year too!

If you get lonely, and I mean real, real loney, we can have a little late night 'swim' in the pool. Just you, me and my 35 horsepower vibrator with 12 bolt-on attachments.

Now now kids, promise me, no skinny dipping in the pool this time...

Think of me y'all, I'll be standing in some goddamn cold Cologne suburb street all Saturday night shooting night exteriors...
I bet it'll rain, too.

T

Hey, BigBro
Are you sending Charles in your place again?
We sure are going to miss you!!

The "Spirit of Sven" will not be attending this year, but I bet his inebriated Doppelganger will be lurking about the burlesque performances.

the suburban pagan will be bringing his pagan wife and 4 year old daughter to revel amongst the idols! They will be there on Saturday!

K

Im there and my girl Heather.....
whooohoooo!!
I am excited can you tell

Whats a Doppelganger?? Does it have something to do with Tiki??

![](C:\Documents and Settings\John Stevenson\My Documents\My Pictures)

T

I will be there. Mule train should pull in around noon-ish.

Michele (Hanalei Pirate) will not be coming with me this year. She has a conflicting event scheduled for Saturday that she cannot miss.

So --- I will be "stag-tiki" for the weekend.

Balmy regards,

Tiki Bob

On 2004-05-03 07:33, tikibob wrote:
I will be there. Mule train should pull in around noon-ish.

Michele (Hanalei Pirate) will not be coming with me this year. She has a conflicting event scheduled for Saturday that she cannot miss.

So --- I will be "stag-tiki" for the weekend.

Balmy regards,

Tiki Bob

GOT LOBSTER?

M

NO.

*On 2004-05-03 10:41, mrsmiley wrote:*NO.

:(

T

Yo SCD,

What happened to the list?

[ Edited by: TikiPug on 2004-05-05 01:12 ]

C

VWTikiGirl, when are you going? I just can't get out of here for the whole weekend but if you don't mind a hitcher with you I'd love to go Saturday!

Lisa

T

On 2004-04-18 22:28, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
By popular request I am starting this years roll call thread for Tiki Oasis IV. If you are going either private message me or email me, or even reply here and I'll edit THIS post and add you to this list.
Bringing kids? Tell me their age(s), so us parents can let our own kid(s) know if they will have playmates. All the kids got along great last year!

**Attending:

Please note that this is NOT any type of guarantee for entering into the event. You must contact Otto directly yourself for your tickets and confirmation. (Caliente Tropics guests must check with the hotel directly for your confirmation.) This list is just for public knowledge as to who is going to the event.

A few have asked why I have put the "links" to the attendees profiles. Three reasons: First, to have quick access to past posts of the TC member to refresh your memory. Second, to see where other TC'ers are traveling from (so it would be nice if all of you could update your profile). Third, to see what other TC'ers interests & occupations are (sure it's a vacation, but it never hurts to network!).

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2004-05-06 16:05 ]

M

2004 !?! I thought I brought up some old topics when I posted photos earlier this week. :)

T

why put this in the old thread? Just start a new one.

Rebecca and I will be there. Will not miss it no matter what!

Mr. and Mrs. Sperm Whale will be there for sure.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2005-01-07 10:59 ]

M

I can't wait for the 2004 Oasis!!!! Maybe for New Years later in 2004 we can go back to the Tropics for a party if Casey will give us a good rate, say $50 for weekdays and $65 for Friday and Saturday night! tee hee..

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-01-07 11:30 ]

[ Edited by: martiki on 2005-01-07 14:32 ]

M

Pages: 1 2 47 replies