Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis IV ticket confirmations have been sent!

Pages: 1 11 replies

B

Tiki Oasis Attendees!

If you have bought a ticket for the Tiki Oasis IV you should have received a confirmation # via e-mail this last week or weekend.

Please bring this e-mail and your i.d. to receive your wristband at the main gate! (no hard-copy tickets will be issued this year)

If you have not received a confirmation # it is possible that we do not have your e-mail address OR you have sent in your $$ over the last few days and we have not processed you yet.

If you have questions about your ticket please contact - [email protected] with the subject line "Please send confirmation number for Tiki Oasis IV"

We are excited to see everyone!
XOXO Baby Doe

P.S. Do you have a friend that wants to go to Tiki Oasis but does NOT have the money to buy a ticket? Tiki Oasis is a volunteer run event and we still have 2 Saturday night shifts that we need filled. If interested have them e-mail Mateo at: [email protected]

I paid Caliente Tropics via their Tiki Oasis link and it's all go but haven't got a confirm from BabyDoe.

We Cool?

On 2004-04-19 18:35, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I paid Caliente Tropics via their Tiki Oasis link and it's all go but haven't got a confirm from BabyDoe. We Cool?

Ditto

MB

How many people are we hoisting over the fence? Geez....just KIDDING!! I would never, never sneak any unauthorized individual into any venue without at least 10 bucks (cash, no checks.)
Ok, my real point is...anyone staying at the Caliente will have wristbands in their rooms. Correct? I may be wrong, but this is how Otto, Baby Doe and Casey have worked it in the past. So, if you are a guest of the Caliente, I don't believe they would be confirming what will be waiting for you in your room.
It's going to be a most excellent Oasis!
Aloha!

Howsabout the entertainment? Do I get a confirmation number? I'm not staying at the Oasis this year.

Do the kids have to wear wrist bands this year?
Last year they did not.
Can the wrist bands be red this year?
They match Bong's eyes that way.
And Lucky if the kids don't need wrist bands this year, no worries for you Mate!!

TM1

baby doe, I am one of the scheduled performers there. I have sent otto a check, which cleared on April 1. I have received no email, and niether has my girlfriend. In addition, your email address is blocked to me. Please give us antother way to contact you or otto, a phone number..

The situation is desparate now. The clock is ticking and I have no confirmation whatsover that any of my party is on the list!

according to Baxdog, I am on the list as "tiki Mick"...but your thread here says to bring ID...well, Tiki Mick is not my real name..and not on my ID!

Please tell me how I can fix this mess, because at this point, I might not be able to go at all!

TC

Baby Doe,

can you please get back with us regarding the status of our ticket comfimations. Many people have sent in checks that have cleared yet have received no confirmation.

I think most of us are concerned due to us also sending in checks for TIKI NEWS and getting nothing!

B

wow! There are so many issues to address so I will try to do my best here!

1. If you are staying at the Caliente Tropics you will get TWO wristbands per room for the event. So if you booked a room expect to pick up your wristbands at Check-In. If you need more then TWO wristbands you will need to purchase these through http://www.tikinews.com. Those staying at the Tropics will NOT get a confirmation number from Tiki News. You hotel confirmation = 2 tickets to event.

2. Kids get in for FREE! No they do not need to wear wristbands. Teens will still get in for free but will probably need to wear a wristband due to security.

3. If you are an entertainer you will want to make sure to send your name (First and Last) to [email protected]
    and you will be put on the Will Call list like everyone else. You will be able to check-in at the main gate and get your wristband. To make our life easier it would be GRANDE if the main person for your group could send in one whole list of names for your group at one time. We have put a shout out to all our main contacts - so they might have already done this for you!

4. The ID is a formality. If you use another name such as let's say ... 'Baby Doe' we will be looking for the name you gave us matched to the number you give us! No 'real' names need be exchanged (Although giving us a real first and last name might make transactions at the gate a little quicker).

5. Tiki Cat (and others?) if you can send me your name to [email protected] AND to [email protected] we can certainly check on the status of your ticket. As for any Tiki News issues that are owed to you please refer to these in the e-mail so we can get these out to you as well. I know you do not know us soooo you might have the impression that we just like to cash checks and run off and buy Mai Tais but that is not the case. We have every intention of sending out orders for all Tiki News ordered and we even plan to do another issue at some point! But with having to work demanding day jobs, having a family and spending all our extra time doing events like Tiki Oasis we are not always as on top of sending things out like we want to. Please note that we will certainly refund anyone who is unhappy with our Tiki News turnaround. If a refund is what you seek please let us know this.

XOXO Baby Doe

You Go Doe! Rock on!!!

Hey it's Sunday and I'm still waiting.
I'm scared.

B

No need to be scared!

If you seek a CONFIRMATION number make sure to e-mail your request to: [email protected]

• we have day jobs and a toddler so we probably will not get to our e-mail til about midnight on any given night

with the subject: Need Tiki Oasis CONFIRMATION number!

But you ask WHY did I not get a confirmation? Possibilities include:

1. We typed in your e-mail incorrectly (we do all this stuff by hand)
  2. Your e-mail bounced back and we didn't realize it
  3. Your e-mail request was lost in our thousands of e-mails - subject headings help with realizing who people are!
  4. You e-mailed an old account of ours... so try [email protected]
  5. Some people sent checks and forgot to include contact info - some postcards were sent and phone calls were made to these people.

i guess the possibilities are endless!
No need to FEAR we still have loads of time til the show!

XOXO Baby Doe

Pages: 1 11 replies