Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Price of a Heywood Wakefield Bamboo Bar

Pages: 1 17 replies

I recently came across a Heywood Wakefield bamboo bar. The bar itself consists of two bamboo bar stools and a simple designed bar with bamboo trim about four feet wide (good vintage condition). I was wondering if anyone had any price information on a bar like this. Thanks for any info......

Bamboo or Rattan?

..... or Ashcraft?

We have a living room set for our tiki room that is Haywood Wakefield Ashcraft. I would be really interested to find out more about Haywood Wakefield's tropical furnishings. I would love to see a picture of your bar, too.

S

This very topic was on here before. I am sure SCD can find the thread... It had pictures!

This thread?

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2004-04-21 08:56 ]

I guess the bar could be rattan due to the stools have a bent look to them. But the the stools are stamped Heywood Wakefield. The bar front has a concave look to it and bamboo trim. No pictures yet. I went to the thread and It did not mention a cost for a bar. This one has a price of $225.00 and is in good condition. Overpriced? Underpriced? Let me know. thanks...

Uh, um..... that is waaaaay over priced... but I'm a bit eccentric, so tell me where it is, and I'll pick it up!!

Actually, that is one hell of a good deal!! Buy it immediately!

I've been looking for a Heywood Wakefield Ashcraft bar, I know they're out there, and the only one I've seen in person is priced at $895.

Buy it now! NOW!!!

S

For the bar and 2 stools, under-priced. Compare to other Hey-Wake items. What would you pay for a chest of drawers? This is much more unique and elaborate. But it's hard to say that it's way under-priced. Regardless, I would say it's a buy if you like it.

M

That is a more than fair price for the bar and two stools. The stools go for about $125 each in good condition and the bar I'd say is worth about $400 - $600 depending on the condition. Yup, I know a bit about Heywood Wakefield...got a house full of the stuff.

Matt

On 2004-04-21 03:52, NeptuneTiki wrote:
I guess the bar could be rattan due to the stools have a bent look to them. But the the stools are stamped Heywood Wakefield. The bar front has a concave look to it and bamboo trim. No pictures yet. I went to the thread and It did not mention a cost for a bar. This one has a price of $225.00 and is in good condition. Overpriced? Underpriced? Let me know. thanks...

I think the price is also dictated by the area you live in. Pup said that it was waaay underpriced because the stuff is just really hard to come by here in SoCalifornia. It may be because there are more poeple out here that are hip to that situation. There is a shop in Olde Town Orange that sells HeyWake and something like that would be upwards of $1000 in that store.

I would snatch that thing up immediately.

M

You should contact Springdale Furnishings in Three Oaks, MI...that guy has the largest collection of Heywood Wakefield in the midwest.

http://www.springdalefurnishings.com/

On 2004-04-21 08:55, Luckydesigns wrote:
I think the price is also dictated by the area you live in. Pup said that it was waaay underpriced because the stuff is just really hard to come by here in SoCalifornia. It may be because there are more poeple out here that are hip to that situation. There is a shop in Olde Town Orange that sells HeyWake and something like that would be upwards of $1000 in that store.

I would snatch that thing up immediately.

Mattfink,
Thank you for the link to Springdale. What a great website and resource.
Gem

No problem...that guy has just about everything you can imagine. If there is something you don't see on his site, be sure to call and ask him...it may be at the store or in storage.

On 2004-04-21 10:45, sparklegem wrote:
Mattfink,
Thank you for the link to Springdale. What a great website and resource.
Gem

excellent! thank you!

Hey Matt,
Thanks for the link to Springdale. That's one sassy site...
And Neptune... Belly up to that bar, pronto!!!
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale on 2004-04-21 12:15 ]

M

You guys are welcome...anyone in need of Heywood Wakefield is a friend indeed!!! BTW, I have a complete set of living room tables.. 2 end tables, coffee table, lamp table that I'm looking to sell or trade for Tiki if anyone out there is interested. I'll take some pics and post them on shutterfly.

Matt

On 2004-04-21 12:14, Tiki Royale wrote:
Hey Matt,
Thanks for the link to Springdale. That's one sassy site...
And Neptune... Belly up to that bar, pronto!!!
Aloha,
:tiki:

[ Edited by: Tiki Royale on 2004-04-21 12:15 ]

Thanks for the info. I will post a picture later in the week.

Pages: 1 17 replies