Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Frankoma War God Box

Pages: 1 16 replies

Carved this from mahogony, I collect zippos and there is a spot between the hinges inside for a zippo to fit snugly(as shown). Design is from the Frankoma War God mug, I don't have the mug most unfortunately but used pictures from both "The Book of Tiki" by Sven A. Kirsten and "Tiki Quest" by Duke Carter, both have excellant examples of the very cool mug.

For cigars?

Fo' spliffs!

Nice work!

B

Very nice McDougall! I like the deep relief. The little skulls are a nice touch as well.

Wow, nicely carved!
Thanks for posting the pictures!

McDougall, would you want to sell one of these, if you could reproduce one? I would be interested.

Ditto.

-Z

Looks great! I like the skulls too.

Very, very nice work, and I like the skulls too. I'm a zippo fan too, but I just own one. It's served me well for many years.

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-04-21 15:25 ]

That box is very cool. You did an excellent job carving the tiki and skulls. All your edges look perfect and sharp. Somethign to be proud of fo sho.
Chongolio

Without the skulls, it's nice, but the skulls seem to perfect it.

McDougall~

That is one fine box! I do believe that if this were made large enough for (at least) a dozen large gauge cigars, and could be carved from or lined with Spanish Cedar, you may have something there for fellow TC'ers significant other to get for their partner. Better get to carving! Christmas will be here sooner than you think!

photos by Sabu

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-04-21 23:12 ]

I love posting my pictures here, you all make me feel great about my carvings. Mahalo

B

Well you should be feeling good about your work. The Improvement is there and you are really consentrating right now. Start More carvings to take advantage of this really Up time.
We still gotta get together one day.

You have every reason to feel great, your carvings are great, and this box is muy bien. Like poured wax, smooth.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-04-22 20:41 ]

Hey Bro, I'm floored at how beautiful your work is. Clean, clean, clean.

On 2004-04-22 12:11, Chongolio wrote:

On 2004-04-21 16:20, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

photos by Sabu

Are these guys part of the Tiki Mafia? Forget about it.

Chongolio Soprano

Pages: 1 16 replies