Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Our Wisconsin Themed Bar

Pages: 1 12 replies

D

Here are pictures of our bar, which used to be an inlaw apartment in our house in IL. We're still looking for a tiki-themed space, but the paneling told us otherwise.Enjoy!

docwoods

[ Edited by: docwoods on 2004-04-21 17:57 ]

[ Edited by: docwoods on 2004-04-21 17:58 ]

I'd drink there.

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee! Mr. C - the Fonz thinks your bar is Cooool!

Even Bong the ultra-critcal a-hole thinks that bars pretty cool; why hell, I'd lay my pack o' smokes on the counter there anytime (if I smoked).

Now all I need is a beer, a plate o' brat & kraut and a Packers game on the tube and I'm ready to settle in for the night.

you need a guy in a 'cat' hat smoking a cigar and playing keno

Nice. Where're the cheese curds?

very cool.. thats a huge space..

but.. where are the Cheese Hats?

That place is just begging for a tiki make-over! Very cool.

D

Thanks for the kind remarks-I had originally wanted to do a greek taverna,but my husband couldn't see slopping buckets of white stucco on the walls.The cheese curds are in the fridge-but that's the ONLY cheese item that we would have because we're big-time Bears Fans-so please have us in your prayers come football season! By the way,it's an inlaw arrangement-we're both chefs,so we thought having two kitchens would be cool.

I've been drunk at this fine establishment many times. Ya hey der!

Q
Q posted on Fri, Apr 23, 2004 6:02 PM

I think I see a barstool with my name on it! Looks great, hope to see it in person...

I

Looks great. That setting was so commonplace where I grew up, that it takes a unique perspective like yours to show the whole regional aspect which I often overlooked.

It won't be a real Wisconsin bar until you find a stuffed deer head to display on one of the walls - the more points, the better. Mounted fish are also a good choice.

There were two films a few years ago- both had bar scenes that captured well the ambience of the Wsconsin bar.

• A Simple Plan: mid-movie there is a long, narrow bar, full of deer hunter type people. I felt I was in my hometown after seeing this scene.

• The Straight Story: Near the movies end, the old guy driving the lawn mower has a mid-afternoon beer in a bar. Those Wisconsin bars are often open all day long.

By the way, Wisconsin has some of the most liberal liquor licensing laws in the country, which explains the large number of bars located on rather empty rural intersections.

And for a final odd corollary bit of trivia - Wisconsin drinks 20% of the nations's brandy

Vern

Pages: 1 12 replies