Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Quest Book Official Mug

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

I just saw a Tiki Quest Mug by Munktiki on e-bay. When did those come available and where can we get them?

Did I miss this important post or somthing? I promise I did a search and everything.

Maybe I just answered my own question.

It appears to only be available at events and Tiki Quest book signings.

Here's a photo (cool mug) and the info:

http://www.pegboardchicago.com/mug.html

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Apr 22, 2004 1:26 AM

dats wun nice mug braddah Duke! congrats!

I guess I'll post the next obvious question...
ARE THERE ANY LEFT???? There wasnt a signing here in Pittsburgh, and I gotta have one, hell I still need to get the book, can anyone help out???
old stock at munktiki? maybe a second? anything?
Jay

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:10 ]

Here's a quote from Amy that answers our questions...

"We are hoping to have an event at Good-Eye in Washington DC this spring and have already made reservations to attend the Hukilau this autumn. The mug edition is small, but if we have any left from the events, we'll offer them here on Tiki Central. "

When the Nelsons came over to my bar, they brought a house-warming gift which was the Tiki Quest mug. I thought it was great until I looked underneath and it almost knocked me over. They gave me the original prototype of “The Duke”. OOOOH BAAABYYYY!!!!
They decided to go with the brown for production, I like the turquoise better.
The Nelson's now have mai tais for life at Kev’s Tiki Lounge.

A Tiki Cheers To You

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-05-11 21:49 ]

Unga Bunga,

I prefer the brown version! Just kidding - that's an eye-popping version of a new modern classic. Hat's off to Duke and Stuckie for coming up with a mug that combines the past with the future with such gusto.

That eBay auction, by the way, in full...
(Not mine, obviously)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35713&item=3908512102&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Trader Woody

B

Aloha gang!

Just saw this thread or we'd have responded sooner. We will have mugs with us when we are at the Hukilau in September and we are still trying to juggle our schedule in order to make it out to Good Eye in DC soon. We are really bummed that we could not be at the Oasis this weekend, but Munktiki will be there with some of the Tiki Quest mugs as well as copies of the book. So check in and say Hi to Paul and Stuckie and when you raise a mai-tai at the reef bar send aloha to those of us who are there with you in spirit!

-Amy

P.S. Unga Bunga, we are very jealous of your mug. We don't even have a cool prototype mug like yours. You have a one-of-a-kind there!

UB

On 2004-05-06 13:55, boutiki wrote:

P.S. Unga Bunga, we are very jealous of your mug. We don't even have a cool prototype mug like yours. You have a one-of-a-kind there!

Hi Amy,
I cherish it as much as I do my Tiki Quest book.
Thanks again for such an awesome book.
Please stop by if your ever in Carmel, CA..

Nice Mug Unga, i picked up the regular one from munktiki booth @ Oasis IV. They might have a few more.

Tbird.

What a pleasant surprise! I got mine this weekend , too cool!!!! you guys are the best Amy and Duke!!!!

V

I got mine while visiting Chicago.
Dave and Amy are the nicest people on earth...thanks again for everything.

Pages: 1 12 replies