Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Anyone want my tickets to Coachella?

Pages: 1 9 replies

H

I've got tickets for both days of Coachella, but there's a handful of things happening in town that weekend that I've decided I don't want to miss, and a friend of mine from Seattle that was going to go can't make it. Is anyone interested in my tickets? The lineup is massive, and the first day is sold out. Bands include:

Pixies
The Cure
Kraftwerk
Flaming Lips

bah, there's way too many bands, I'm not going to list them all. Look at the list here:

http://www.coachella.com/lineup.html

It's the weekend of May 1 & 2, in Indio, CA (outside of Palm Springs). I bet it'll be fantastic, it just isn't in the cards for me this year.

The tickets cost my $140, but you guys know I love ya so darned much, so I'm more than happy to take what I can get for the tickets. Frankly, if they go for $5, I'll be happy as long as the tickets don't go to waste. Email me or PM me with an offer if you're interested.

T

I don't need the tickets, but I'll be in LA that weekend for another event. What are your plans Humuhumu? I'll be arriving on Friday night and staying at the Miyako Inn in Little Tokyo for 2 nights. On Saturday I plan on hitting the Tiki Ti at 6 (where I would love to meet up with anyone who can make it), and going to see the Morlocks and the Question at Club-au-go-go in Silver Lake after. It's a mod reunion of sorts called Mods Mayday. There will be good 60s DJ events on Fri and Sun as well.

H

Heya Jab - last I heard from King, his Tiki Taix III is happening that Friday. Don't know the exact lineup, but it should be good. On Saturday, the fabulous Fisherman Trio is playing at the Purple Orchid in El Segundo, and directly afterwards, there is Futura Girl's sure-to-be-crazy End of the Eichler Era party.

I had it all backwards -- the best bed is the one that's stumbling distance from Tiki-Ti, or the Mai Kai, or the Lagoon Room, or the Alibi, or the Kon Tiki, or...
Critiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-04-22 15:07 ]

T

These kind of conflicting events happens to me all the time! Oh well, I can't miss the Morlocks, old friends of mine who haven't played since the 80s. Come by the Tiki Ti early on Sat. if you're in the neighborhood. I won't be driving on Saturday so I doubt I can make the party after the show. Is the Futura House in the Southland or the Valley?

H

Conflictin' all over the place! You can't miss Futura Girl's party -- she's in the valley, and I'll be driving there after Fisherman Trio finish up. Maybe I can swing by & pick you up on the way. Where's Club-au-Go-Go happening?

Humuhumu,
You are the generous one.
Wish I could go (work).

T

They don't give beginning or end times on the web site:

http://www.clubaugogo.com/

H - Thanks for the ride offer! Perhaps you could email me your cel # and I could call you when I know more, or from the club.

I'd pick 'em up like a flash as I'd love to see the Pixies again after all this time, but the thought of the Cure makes me want to spew anything lingering in my digestive system in the direction of Robert Smith.

Humuhumu, you shouldn't have too much of a problem selling these as it's hitting the press all the way over here....

Trader Woody

T

I mostly want to see Kraftwerk, but I may get to see them up here next week.

H

Through the magic of the internet, I've gotten connected with the husband of a co-worker of a friend of a friend who needed tickets DESPERATELY -- they'd bought airplane tickets, hotel & the whole nine, and their friend who was supposed to get their tickets fell through. Doh! They'd found one set of tickets for the wife, and were missing the tickets for the husband. Yay! Everyone wins!

Jab - my cell is (206) 349-1362, gimme a shout when you're in town & we'll coordinate.

Pages: 1 9 replies