Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oasis: Tiki Central Meet & Greet. Friday 5/7, 4pm

Pages: 1 15 replies

M
mig posted on Thu, Apr 22, 2004 7:06 PM

Come meet everybody IN PERSON! Come meet new friends, and reconnect with old ones. Name tags aplenty. This is a "Tiki Central" social mixer but it is open to ANYONE. So please do come by and get acquainted with everyone.

Friday, 5/7, 4pm. Location: THE REEF BAR OUTDOOR PATIO. In the event that it's not open, we'll be somewhere very nearby, just look for the crowd and the nametags.

In case you're not there on Friday at 4pm, there will be a followup meet & greet for everyone at Cherry Capri's free class on Saturday.

Again, this is OPEN TO EVERYONE! Please come by, especially if you're new, don't know everybody, etc.!!

-mig

[ Edited by: mig on 2004-05-03 13:25 ]

M
mig posted on Mon, May 3, 2004 1:26 PM

Okay, I've just amended the previous post with the location: the Reef Bar's outdoor patio. This is early enough that it should give everybody time to have dinner afterward before the events start happening.

mig

I wanted to participate in this, but the missus couldn't get early off work, so I guess it's no name tags for us until Sat.
Anyway, it's a good idea, thanks for the iniative, Mig.

Ran

M

Keep in mind that I will be assembling a "Tiki Central" photo board which will have 3"x4" pictures of all Tiki Central members in attendance. This board will be displayed somewhere central. Each photo will be identified with your Tiki Central moniker.

Unfortunately it will not have pictures of everyone at the event. It is not intended to exclude people but with over 300 possible attendees, I had to keep a lid on photo costs and the size of the board.

If you miss the meet and greet or want to help with some collage arts and crafts (there will be close to 90 photos on the board when finished)please stop by.

Monkeyman

Were gonna try maybe not at 4 but its looking about 6 ish, for us .Cant wait till friday .

M
mig posted on Wed, May 5, 2004 12:28 PM

Only two days away... don't forget to come out and meet your fellow Tiki Centralites...

Mig, thanks for the initiative. This'll be my first West-coast get together and I know that in my rum haze I may not get to meet everyone. But, this is a good chance to see most of 'em.

With the great success of the past two Hukilaus and Exotica 2003, I'd think that there would be pretty good attendance by midwest & East coast TCers.

C-ya at 4,
KK

H

AWOOOOGAH! I'm headin' out fer Oasis in just a short bit. I am so frickin' excited.

It seems like every time there's one of these events, one of the more shy tikiphiles will post saying they regret having not introduced themselves to the Tiki Central folks. Don't let that be you! From a distance, I know we look a little cliquey and rowdy, but we're a pretty inclusive bunch -- please don't be afraid to introduce yourself.

My name is steve and I'm a tikiholic.
Aloha!

TB

C Ya there!

I'll be there with my wife Jennifer and our 4 year old girl, Emma....this is her first tiki outing...she is excited! I'll be vending on Saturday and Sunday too so drop by and say "Hi" to a fellow TC'er! I've run out of raw materials, otherwise I'd make some commemorative soap or sumpin'! I'm Kevin G, by the way..nice to meet y'all!

T

Please do not be afraid to appoach Bong and say, ah... whatever.

(I'll probably like you, wink, wink)

I'm going straight from work so I won't get there until Friday night. I'll have many a drink with you all once there though. My goal this year will be the same as last, to be the designated drunk.

T

We're outta here!! C-ya at the Oasis.

ThePugs

I'll probably be hanging around the bong....er Tikibong I mean! nudge nudge

We're just gettin' ready to shove off for Palm Springs. We wanted to get the jump on the rest of the TCers & hit those legendary Palm Springs consignment shops tomorrow morning before all the cool stuff is scooped up. And then it's off to the Caliente! See ya at 4.

Pages: 1 15 replies