Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Wed, April 28: Happy Birthday, Tiki-Ti

Pages: 1 5 replies

From the Tiki-Ti website:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIKI-TI!

On Wednesday April the 28th we will be celebrating the Tiki-Ti's anniversary. The Tiki-Ti first opened on April 28th 1961. Come join us for our 43rd anniversary and raise your glass to toast Ray Buhen the master mixologist and founder of the Tiki-Ti.

Sounds a lot like every Wednesday at Tiki-Ti, but it's a great excuse for some of you who live a bit further out to make a special trip.

Also of note from the Tiki-Ti website:

The Tiki-Ti will be open
till 2 AM on Fridays and Saturdays until the end of this summer!

Join us as we stay up late on Friday and Saturday nights and serve up late night tropical drinks. This is our way of saying thanks to all of you who were dying of thirst while we were closed. Last call is at 1:30 PM on Fridays and Saturdays. Regular hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

On 2004-04-23 12:24, Humuhumu wrote:
From the Tiki-Ti website:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIKI-TI!

On Wednesday April the 28th we will be celebrating the Tiki-Ti's anniversary. The Tiki-Ti first opened on April 28th 1961. Come join us for our 43rd anniversary and raise your glass to toast Ray Buhen the master mixologist and founder of the Tiki-Ti.

If Ray was so masterful, then how did "RAY'S MISTAKE" come about!! :)

I'm going... see you there humuhumu?
any other TC'ers in attendance?

H

On 2004-04-27 17:00, Futura Girl wrote:
see you there humuhumu?

You betcha! I'll try to get there as soon after work as possible, I usually get there at about 7. Can't wait to see you!

I've got a mountain bike ride tonight otherwise I would have join y'all! Have a Bloodi Tiki for me -- Happy Birthday Tiki Ti!

V

It's also The Kon Tiki departure birthday...57 years (seems like yesterday !!!)

Pages: 1 5 replies