Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis IV is now sold out and other important INFO!

Pages: 1 13 replies

B

** Sorry to start a new thread but I didn't want this info to get lost! (I will promise to place all other important info under this category - so please check back!)

Ok so don't say we didn't warn ya!
Tiki Oasis IV is now SOLD OUT!

There will not be any tickets available at the door. For those that have purchased tickets should recieve a confirmation e-mail/phone call by Saturday April 24th.

There are a couple late Saturday volunteer slots still open. Volunteer for these and get into the EVENT! This could be your ticket into the event! If interested in these please e-mail:
[email protected]

XOXO Baby Doe

B

Tiki News is thrilled to announce special additions to the Tiki Oasis IV Weekender!
Over 30 vendors!
M Modern Gallery ALL TIKI art opening on Saturday!
The Purple Orchid will host and toast the grand re-opening of the Reef bar!
Free origami class with Cherry Capri - How to Make an Origami Aloha Shirt!
Specialized Guest Bartenders will be featured in the Reef Bar for your sipping pleasure!
Will the Thrill and Monica the Tiki Goddess late night movie by Thrillville!
Best dressed contests! Prizes! Dips in the pool!
Wild and Exotic bands, dancers and DJ's and oh so much more!

• A reminder to all vendors and Caliente Tropics guests that there is no vending allowed out of hotel rooms or outside of designated vending areas AND vending hours. Please respect the other vendors. All vendors should have received a confirmation e-mail at this point.

We look forward to seeing you all at the Oasis,
Tiki News Magazine

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Make an Origami Aloha Shirt!
The charming and delightful Cherry Capri is a girl of many talents. She
a featured singer with the Thurston Howlies and has sang onstage with
King Kukulele and Mai Kai Gents dazzling audiences with her voluptuous
vocal renditions of classics such as "Pineapple Princess." Miss Capri is
also a Modern Hostess, a cross between Martha Stewart and Pee Wee
Herman. And her matchbook inspired paintings have been exhibited in
L.A., Palm Springs and Las Vegas. This year at Tiki Oasis she will be
conducting a quick class on how to make an origami Aloha Shirt! So bring
your nimble fingers along...

No experience necessary. Paper will be supplied!
In The Reef bar patio area, Saturday at 3 pm,
(additional classes will be added every fifteen minutes based on demand)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday May 8th, 3:00 - 6:00 pm.
M Modern Gallery
Is having its anniversary show and second annual Tiki show to coincide with Tiki Oasis

http://www.Mmoderngallery.com/

I Dream of Tiki
features the art of some familiar Tiki artists such as
Shag
Bosko
Joe and Donella Vitale
Bamboo Ben
Duke Carter
Drew Brophy
Miles Thompson
Crazy Al
Cherry Capri
Van
Pizz
Von Franco

many of the artists will be attending the opening and some of them will also be at Tiki Oasis!

Here's the official text:
Aloha!

Blast back to the past when the Tiki Gods ruled and indulging was encouraged! Visit the reception for the "I Dream of Tiki" show at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs on Saturday May 8th, from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm and meet many of the artists in person. The show will be held during the day to limit the impact on the Tiki Oasis IV event at the Caliente Tropics (go to http://www.tikinews.com for more information on this event). This group exhibition will include original work from an amazing cast of artists including:

Aaron Marshall Drew Brophy Miles Thompson
Ayu Tomikawa Duke Carter Robbie Freeman
Bamboo Ben Eugene Scott Saw
Bosko Ewik Shag
Brad Plantenga Extremo the Clown Soloman
Brian Behnke Flounder Stone
Bryan Andrews Joe Remmers The Pizz
Cherry Capri Joe Vitale Tim Biskup
Chris Reccardi Kii Arens Van
Crazy Al Lynne Nailor Von Franco
Dave Burke Marco Almera Yumiko Kayukawa
Donella Vitale Mark Willey And more*

The original works are starting to pour in from the likes of Yumiko Kayukawa, Bosko and Flounder and they are awesome. Look soon for this show to go up on line and email or call to be placed on the originals waiting list. Many of these pieces may sell before the show opens so join our list ASAP to ensure you do not miss out! We look forward to seeing you there.

BD:
I have not yet received a confirmation from you. I have also emailed you 3 times now with no response.

While waiting for my confirmation...
Saturday: I was just scared
Sunday: I was pretty much terrified
Monday : I am completely paralyzed with fear (only my fingers still work).

Please respond

N

See Primo King above, we are in the same situation.

So are we!!

B

If you seek a CONFIRMATION number make sure to e-mail your request to: [email protected]

with the subject: Need Tiki Oasis CONFIRMATION number!

But you ask WHY did I not get a confirmation? Possibilities include:

1. We typed in your e-mail incorrectly (we do all this stuff by hand)
  2. Your e-mail bounced back and we didn't realize it
  3. Your e-mail request was lost in our thousands of e-mails - subject headings help with realizing who people are!
  4. You e-mailed an old account of ours... so try [email protected]
  5. Some people sent checks and forgot to include contact info - some postcards were sent and phone calls were made to these people.

i guess the possibilities are endless!
No need to FEAR we still have loads of time til the show!

XOXO Baby Doe

While waiting for my confirmation...

Saturday: I was just scared
Sunday: I was pretty much terrified
Monday : I am completely paralyzed with fear (only my fingers still work).
Tuesday: Cozy as a pig in s*** with little if any lasting after effects from the paralyzation.

I got my tickets. I got my tickets.

It's 6:49am and about time for a Mai Tai.

B

Just to make sure it is clear ....IF you are staying at the Tropics you will get TWO tickets with your room to Tiki Oasis IV.

Your ticket will be issued to you in the form of a wristband WHEN you check into the hotel.

If you are staying at the Tropics you will NOT get a confirmation number from Tiki News (as we don't even know who you are!).

Hope that clears things up!
XOXo Baby Doe

B

Break open those piggy banks as Tiki Oasis is going to be a day of Tiki shopping that can only be described as pure BLISS!

Below is a list of vendors. I hope I have everyone on here ... missing? E-mail us at [email protected]
This is going to an amazing time to splurge!

Remember to bring cash-o-la as vendors will not be set-up for credit cards (as far as I know!). I didn't list WHAT everyone is selling but it pretty much covers ALL your needs from tiki bars, t-shirts, vintage clothing, barware, kids clothing, original artwork, tiki mugs, shoes, hand carved tikis, big tikis, small tikis... the list goes on!

Tiki News will also be selling a limited edition Tiki Oasis IV Mug made by MunkTiki on Friday night after the bandsfrom 10-11pm and during the daytime from 11:30-3pm. Sooo look for the Tiki News itty bitty table.

Extra SMOOCHES from Otto and Baby Doe goes out to Holden from Tiki Farm for volunteering to be our being our BRILLANT vendor coordinator! XOXO

Happy Shopping!

Adrift Clothing
Bamboo 2 U
Bamboo Ben
BodhiGlass
Christine and Katina Eads (name of company?)
Coconut Kiss
Coolies
Crazy Al
Cruz Retail
Da Tiki boy
Falling Coco's
Fish Head Art
Genevieve Designs
Hale Tiki
Johnnie Velour
Kieran Sala/Popalicious
Laney Bentz
Lucky Lou Shoes
M Visions Graphics
MunkTiki
Pango Tori
Ray Yeater
Smokin' Tikis
Stensland Design
Suburban Pagan
Swamp Fire Lounge.com
The Art Deck
The Cult of the Eye
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Lee
Tiki Madness
Tiki News Magazine
Tiki Ray
Tiki Tony
Trashsistas
Vintage Buzz/Wannabe's
Von Franco
Zach Zachary

Hi im not on it yet and was worndering if I am can you let me know .Regards Jymmy

B

Hi there -

you are not on the vendor list?

you have not gotten a confirmation?

It is best to e-mail Otto directly at:
[email protected]

He has a day job and a wife and a baby so you might not get a reponse from him right away but we are trying to e-mail everyone within 48 hours.

Hi I havent even herd from them nothing at all he said he would get a hold of me as it got closer and still nothing the last time I herd from him he didnt ask for anything deposit I even told him do you need a deposit .On my part I did every thing if your interested in vending you contact the pearson in charge they see your stuff if its in the general type of same stuff they either agree or disagree so ive done my part Man I dont know whats up I did call him today left message my freind gave me there number .Humm give it a day or two to here from him.

B
BooLoo posted on Sat, May 1, 2004 1:13 PM

Sadly enough I had to cancel my tiki Oasis reservations yesterday. So much for celebrating my 30th birthday in style. I guess I'll just have to sit on my porch and sip cheap mai-tai mix out of a brown bag.

B

Here are the last Tiki Oasis IV updates!

If you are missing a ticket confirmation # please e-mail us by Monday the 3rd. After that we will not be answering e-mail as we will be on the road to Palm Springs! ** if you booked a room with the Tropics you will NOT get a confirmation from Tiki News.

LIMITED WALK-UP TICKETS ADDED!
We are excited to announce that The tropics has decided to allow a limited number of tix sold at the door! We hope this info can get out to those who didn't think they could make the show due to it being sold out. Please accept our apologies that we did not work this out sooner! (do NOT mail a check or pay via PayPal as we will NOT receive this in time!)

A few more cool announcements....
Guest bartenders in the Reef bar both Friday and Saturday evening serving special drinks!! Hula Hoop contest has been added on Saturday at 2:30pm! and oh soooo much more!

FINAL SCHEDULE:
*subject to change

FRIDAY NIGHT
4:00 - DJ Cali Kid

• DJ in between bands - DJ Biffachu
    6:00 - Go Going Gone Girls (SF)
    6:45 - King Kukulele
    7:00 - Fisherman (NYC)
    8:00 - King Kukulele
    8:15 - Project Pimento (SF)
    9:00 - King Kukulele
    9:15 - Seksu Roba (LA)
    10:00 - Sage and her Giant Martiki Glass (Dallas)
    Best dressed contest directly after burlesque

SATURDAY NIGHT
12:00 DJ California Kid
1:00 DJ Randy Jensen
3:30 Jay Strongman

• DJ in between bands - California Kid
    6pm - Mai Kai Gents (LA) with Julienne Davis Of Sophisticated Savage (UK)
    6:45- King Kukulele
    7:00 - Lushy (SEATTLE)
    7:45 - Racie Gunzales (LA)
    8:00 - Fisherman (NYC)
    8:40 - King Kukulele
    8:55 - Kari French (LA)
    9:00 - Ape (SF)
    9:55 - Ginger Goldmine (LA)
    10:00 - midnight - Poolside Movie with Will the Thrill and Monica Tiki Goddess
    Best dressed contest directly after burlesque

Smokin Menehunes -
Saturday in the Reef Bar 4:00 - 6:30pm.

Sunday:
12 - 2pm DJ Lee Joseph
2pm - til their fingers get tired! - Poolside Ukelele Jam

VENDORS:
Break open those piggy banks as Tiki Oasis is going to be a day of Tiki shopping that can only be described as pure BLISS!

Below is a list of vendors. I hope I have everyone on here ... missing? E-mail us at [email protected]
This is going to an amazing time to splurge!

Remember to bring cash-o-la as vendors will not be set-up for credit cards. I didn't list WHAT everyone is selling but it pretty much covers ALL your needs from tiki bars, t-shirts, vintage clothing, barware, kids clothing, original artwork, tiki mugs, shoes, hand carved tikis, big tikis, small tikis... the list goes on!

Tiki News will also be selling a limited edition Tiki Oasis IV Mug made by MunkTiki on Friday night after the bands from 10-11pm and during the daytime from 11:30-3pm. Sooo look for the Tiki News itty bitty table.

Extra SMOOCHES from Otto and Baby Doe goes out to Holden from Tiki Farm for volunteering to be our being our BRILLANT vendor coordinator! XOXO

Happy Shopping!

Adrift Clothing
Bamboo 2 U
Bamboo Ben
BodhiGlass
Christine and Katina Eads
Coconut Kiss
Coolies
Crazy Al
Cruz Retail
Da Tiki boy
Falling Coco's