Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki/Exotica Bands Needed

Pages: 1 13 replies

J
Jessa posted on Fri, Apr 23, 2004 4:28 PM

Hi-

I need some Exotica/Tiki bands in the Los Angeles area for a party on may 28th.

Please contact me at: [email protected]

T

Will this be an open party that anyone can attend?

Too bad it wasn't a little earlier in the month. We're coming out to LA for Tiki Oasis (& a little tour beforehand) and would love to play at your party. Unfortunately we'll only be in LA 'till May 9th... we'll be back in New York after that. Come check us out at The Purple Orchid in El Segundo on May 1st, or The Lava Lounge in Hollywood on April 30. We play your favorite vibraphonic tiki exotica, surf & go-go-hip-shake! Any chance you'd wanna push the party forward a few weeks? (just kidding) I'd strongly recommend APE, and I've heard great things about The Smokin' Menehunes.

Good luck, and we hope to see ya' out at some shows! Are you coming to Tiki Oasis? See ya' there!!!

--tikidrummer
The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

Check our website for the rest of our LA-area Tour Dates

Alas, we are playing with King Kukulea that night...or we would jump at the chance!!

Tiki Mick
The smokin menehunes

Jessa wrote:
Hi-
I need some Exotica/Tiki bands in the Los Angeles area for a party on may 28th.
Please contact me at: [email protected]

You are in luck Jessa~

We have for you:
~King Kukulele & The Friki Tiki's
~Crazy Al & Ape
~The MaiKai Gents & The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa
~The Smokin' Menehunes

The discounted price I can make for you is $14,000, not including professional sound & lighting setup, although I do have a direct referral for this service or you may choose your own contractor with final approval by me and my associates.

The minimum requirements my above clients need would be:
~2 - 3 Room Deluxe Star Dressing Room Trailers.
~10 - fresh fruit baskets in-trailer, before their arrival.
~5 - Appleton Estate 21 y.o. Rum
~200 additional tickets for VIP guests (aka fellow TC'ers).
~50% performance deposit by cashier's check.
~Facsimile of your insurance rider.

Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I can have the paperwork drawn up within 2 hours of your acknowledgement.

Please note too, that if you are in need of adding The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio from New York, I can have them added to the lineup for you for $7,000, which includes their First Class Airfaire and instrument transportation, although one additional Classic Cast Star Trailer would be required.

Thank you for your consideration.

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-04-26 12:33 ]

SCD, how much would it take to get POP YLOP???

tiki mick wrote:
SCD, how much would it take to get POP YLOP???

Ah, that's still a trick one.
Pop Ylop cannot be asked to perform.
Pop Ylop tells YOU when it's time to perform, and tells you what you will pay.

Pop Ylop is one diva bastard.

Is this for a private party on the Warner Bros. lot?? If so, someone mentioned this to me last week but I forgot what the party was for.

V

If you need a french Exotica DJ, i can take the next plane to LA...
2nd class is alright for me.

SCD, don't forget 5 cases of Primo & a cooler of Mai-Tais for the road crew (I can get you a top flight road crew for only $5Gs. Or a slightly smaller, less experienced crew for $2Gs. Or me & my cousin Nick for $500 ea. & the afore mentioned Primo & Mai-Tais).

Actually SCD, The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio would have played that show for $20 a man and a couple of cheeseburgers... but since you're already in such fierce negotiations, we'll take the $7000 and the trailor. (though we prefer tequilla to rum; how about some nice corralejo instead?) See y'all in a week or so...

--tikidrummer
The Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com
Check the website for our LA area tour dates

I too am looking for a Hawaiian/Exotica themed "act" for a small party in the Palos Verdes area to be held in mid July. The set up would be on a balcony overlooking a pool, with a killer view of the beach cities. I would be stoked to find a small band that had a lap steel artist.

Cheers,

KT

I too am looking for a Hawaiian/Exotica themed "act" for a small party in the Palos Verdes area to be held in mid July. The set up would be on a balcony overlooking a pool, with a killer view of the beach cities. I would be stoked to find a small band that had a lap steel artist.

Cheers,

KT

Well... The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa may be taking a break from the nightclub stages for a few months, but private gigs are always intriguing to us. Feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Our website is http://www.mkgents.com
Aloha and mahalo!

-Iuka Grogg

Pages: 1 13 replies