Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Cheap Plastic Tiki @ Big Lots

Pages: 1 4 replies

Got a call yesterday from a freind who says "They Got Tiki Stuff at Big Lots." So I go and check it out, right? Yeah they got "Tiki Stuff" but it's all Plastic.

Not that Plastic is Bad or anything, but... What they've got is Inflatable Tiki Totems, Acrylic Hurricane Glasses with Tikis printed on 'em, Plastic Tiki Tumblers (good for sippin' orange or grapefruit juice from on the deck in June, I suppose... maybe), Tiki Lamps and Tropical Swizzle Sticks.

These items appeared to be of the "Made For Sale at Big Lots" variety as opposed to the "Made For Sale At Expensive Department Stores and, Unfortunately, For Sale at Big Lots" variety. I, of course, prefer the former, being the Huge Fan of Honesty that I am.

Anyhow... The Swizzle Sticks are pretty cool! I haven't measured them with a ruler but I have found that that they are long enough to poke from the top of most Tiki Farm mugs. In a set of 20 (for only $1.99) you get 5 Tikis, 5 Palm Trees, 5 Unidentifiable Flowers, and 5 Flamingos. Not very useful for most Tiki Bars but for the fact that the 5 Tikis are pretty cool.

They also have Tiki Lights! Really Large (Considering...) Patio Lights shaped and "painted" like tikis. These are, actually, pretty cool. Check 'em out.

Also... Everyone needs to shop at T.J.Maxx, Marshall's, Ross. I've checked them all out lately. Haven't bought anything, but have noticed that they have some pretty serious Tiki Stuff these days.

R
rocky posted on Sun, Apr 25, 2004 8:08 AM

Yep, scored a set of Tiki lights at Big Lots yesterday. They have the larger lamps so put out an exceptional amount of light.

S

Here's a previous thread with pics of the swizzles:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8600&forum=5&6

On 2004-04-25 08:08, rocky wrote:
Yep, scored a set of Tiki lights at Big Lots yesterday. They have the larger lamps so put out an exceptional amount of light.

I got some, too, although diappointingly my Big Lots didn't have the tiki candles.

K
k'eli posted on Fri, Jun 4, 2004 1:23 PM

Another place I have found it the 99 cent store (at times) - but also don't forget to check out your local Salvation Army and/or Goodwill stores - it is amazing what can be found (i.e., hawaiian shirts, lamps, etc.) no guarantee, but do keep those in mind.

Pages: 1 4 replies