Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Moai

Pages: 1 13 replies

This guy is about 12 inches, Walnut, drilled for a lamp fixture, still looking for a proper shade.

The second biggest is a small box.

Pretty cool McDougall!

B

smooooooth!

B

I'd saay you have been Busy with your Moai Army.. Lookin Good. Also looks like you are getting the finish down pretty good.

How heavy is the big one? That would be a killer necklace! (you know, like the rappers?)

Great job McDougall! I love your carvings! Curious, is this the biggest you've done?

mmmmmmoai!!! I love it!!! When can I order mine?

thanks,

Matt

That big guy is the cat's ass.
Your moais all have such great expressions!
I'd love to own one one day.
Mahalo!

I dunno Ben that thing is heavy! Not my biggest Crafty, have a 2 footer done and a 4 footer or 2 in the works. Benzart, the lamp was my first using gloss varnish as opposed to the satin I've been using. Like the gloss much better (on this one anyway). Will use it more. Tikiwahine, you want a pendant just email me they are available for a mug, Tiki art, Rum or spare change.

I've just received my pendant and it's an absolute beauty! The finish is amazingly smooth.

Comparing it to the old 60's surfer moai pendant I've got is like chalk and cheese. Superb quality. Thanks McDougall!

Trader Woody

Hey McDougall, how are you? I just wanted to let you know that Target has a really cool lamp shade you could use for the Moai tht would be perfect. I don't have a digi camera to show a pic of it, but it is easy to spot. The shade is a beige canvas with an exoskeleton of a dark wood rattan binded together with a lighter rattan, very tropical looking. I used this shde on the suffering bastard lamp that I made out of those bottles they were selling at TJ Maxx, and it fits perfect. I have a feeling that you would like the way it looks on the Moai, it would really set off the color of the wood.

M
motiki posted on Thu, May 6, 2004 5:45 PM

Great looking Moai!

UJ

a cool website to get custom lamp shades: http://www.moonshineshades.com/ the site wasn't working for me when i posted this, but it was this afternoon.

What positive thing can i say about those Moai's that haven't been said?:
"inka-dinka-doo ha-cha-cha-cha" they rock

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
http://www.unklejohn.com

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2004-05-06 20:38 ]

T

Dude how much spare change does it take to acquire, the piggy banks days are numbered!

Pages: 1 13 replies