Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Does anyone have a picture of an older tiki necklace?

Pages: 1 15 replies

Is there a particular tiki that should be used for a necklace and does anyone have a photo of an older tiki necklace?
Thank You,
Gem

Wow, excellent!!
Thank you!

Hey Jungle Trader,
Do you know if there is a meaning behind your tiki?
Thank You,
Gem

No, there is no particular tiki that SHOULD be used as a pendant.....let your imagination run wild like like a nekked streaker at an english soccer game. The sky's the limit, no....go where no mind has gone before, wait......just do it. (Bamboo Ben, I didn't copy you, that was Nike's slogan and besides I'm buying the rights to it)
eep?

Right On JT......For you SparkleGem.....one of Mrs. Fury's Fav old ones.....

Her favorite is one made by "Squid" .....couldn't get a pic cause she wore it to her Tahitian dance class. I'll try to get some more pics for you.

Wow, that one is so cool!!
Thank you so much!

B

How Old is Older

This is not Old but it is rather Ancient
I'm over to Jungle Trader to hijack that sandwich. It must be gitten Ripe by now

Oh yeah, that image I posted is a hand carved Marquesan (mahogany) by our very own Benzart. If you want a pendant, he's one of the members that can do it and do it well (obviously).

here's a couple of pics of 2 necklaces I have.

I have another...just gotta find it.

Erich

Thank you so much everyone!!! You have been a tremendous help.

I love that moai Erich, it's one thing I religiously look for at my regular thrift store. I'll never find it, but I love the hunt! The other one is SOOO COOL! I've never seen it before, thanks for posting the images!

I actually have two of those Moai with whistles. they have a little marking on the back

The other tiki guy has "Tahiti" etched on the back. He looks to be made out of Abolone shell.

Erich

On 2004-04-28 14:15, ErichTroudt wrote:
I actually have two of those Moai with whistles. they have a little marking on the back

The other tiki guy has "Tahiti" etched on the back. He looks to be made out of Abolone shell.

Erich

Aha! those tikis were made by the company that Oceanic Arts bought out to start their business. If you'll note, in the Book of Tiki it shows Bob and Leroy initially started their biz by selling tiki pendants and necklaces. The logo on the back shown in the pic above is the logo of the company they bought these from.

Traderpup found a bag of these (60+ or so) amulets at a flea market/show and took them to Bob at OA for more info on them. Bob told him the story. Fortunately for me, SugarCaddyDaddy, King Kuku, Floratina and Hula Hula, we got to cherry pick the ones we wanted out of the pile.

A significant piece of Poly Pop (not me) history you've got there....

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-04-28 14:32 ]

Thanks for the info about the necklace. Nice to know the story behind it.

Erich

I have 2 of those, actually only one now. I couldn't resist giving one to the cutest little 8 yr. old girl. It was her birthday and she said she wanted one of my tikis so I placed it around her neck for her. The smile I received in return was the greatest gift of all.

Pages: 1 15 replies