Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis "I Dream of Tiki" Group Art show at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs

Pages: 1 11 replies

Tiki Oasis “I Dream of Tiki show” at M Modern Gallery Saturday May 8th, 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.

Aloha!

Blast back to the past when the Tiki Gods ruled and indulging was encouraged! Visit the reception for the “I Dream of Tiki” show at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs on Saturday May 8th, from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm and meet many of the artists in person. The show will be held during the day to limit the impact on the Tiki Oasis IV event at the Caliente Tropics (go to http://www.tikinews.com for more information on this event). This group exhibition will include original work from an amazing cast of artists including:

Aaron Marshall Drew Brophy Miles Thompson
Ayu Tomikawa Duke Carter Robbie Freeman
Bamboo Ben Eugene Scott Saw
Bosko Ewik Shag
Brad Plantenga Extremo the Clown
Brian Behnke Flounder Stone
Bryan Andrews Joe Remmers The Pizz
Cherry Capri Joe Vitale Tim Biskup
Chris Reccardi Kii Arens Van
Crazy Al Lynne Naylor Dave Burke Marco Almera Yumiko Kayukawa Soloman
Donella Vitale Mark Willey And more…

We will also be offering Limited Edition merchandise from the “It’s All about the Tiki” show we had in November of 2003. Some of these items have long since Sold Out from Tikifarm! We will also have some Shag prints available (including a handful of “The Big Mug” prints) as well as other Shag merchandise. You can also purchased signed copies of “Tiki Quest” and “Tiki Road Trip” as well as sealed copies of the “Blood” Mini Exhibition books and C/D’s from Mark Ryden.

The original works are starting to pour in from the likes of Yumiko Kayukawa, Bosko and Flounder and they are awesome. Look soon for this show to go up on line and email or call to be placed on the originals waiting list. Many of these pieces may sell before the show opens so join our list ASAP to ensure you do not miss out! We look forward to seeing you there.

Oops! Forgot to mention our address and phone number. M Modern Gallery is located at 448 N. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, California, 92262 and the phone is 760 416-3611.

Mark Ryden is also going to be placing an Artist Proof of his amazing "Pele" print in the show as well. We just found this out today. Also, here is a more legible list of the artists in the show:

Aaron Marshall
Ayu Tomikawa
Bamboo Ben
Bosko
Brad Plantenga
Brian Behnke
Bryan Andrews
Cherry Capri
Chris Reccardi
Crazy Al
Dave Burke
Donella Vitale
Drew Brophy
Duke Carter
Eugene
Ewik
Extremo the Clown
Flounder
Joe Remmers
Joe Vitale
Kii Arens
Lynne Naylor
Marco Almera
Mark Willey
Miles Thompson
Robbie Freeman
Scott Saw
Shag
Soloman
Stone
The Pizz
Tim Biskup
Van
Von Franco
Yumiko Kayukawa

Please visit our web site at http://www.mmoderngallery.com and please come see this spectacular exhibition during your Tiki Oasis IV visit.

Maholo!
And more…

We may also be accepting preorders for the Tikifarm items. We will keep everyone posted with what will be offered and at what prices. There may even be some of the Shag pieces available from the "It's All About the Tiki" show!

We just noticed that the artist Alex Meyer was not listed in the artist list. Alex does some great work and is an up and comer.

In response to a question we received at the gallery. We never did receive a return email or response from Derek Yaniger about participating in this show. Too bad as we really love the posters he has done for the Tiki Oasis the past couple of years.

Thanks for the invite. I wish I could be there.

On 2004-04-30 13:45, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Thanks for the invite. I wish I could be there.

You are welcome and your work looks great! Hopefully you can make it by the gallery sometime in the near furture.

Aloha!!!!
I am so honored to be included with all these talented and well-respected artists... Here's a preview of my piece in this show!!! Can't wait for Oasis!!!

It's 36" x 48" Acrylic on Panel
Aloha Jhoes is a Palm Springs Tiki Landmark from days gone by... (and the painting is based on a vintage matchbook of course!)

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2004-05-05 05:22 ]

We forgot to include we also have a great piece in from Alex Meyer. Also, Munktiki will have an amazing Tiki Vending Machine there for sale. Try it out for the cool items and a chance to win the Tiki Mug on the inside. Only $ .25 a spin.

B

M Modern - Any chance you'll be posting pics of the "I Dream of Tiki" art on your site?

Hi,

We should be posting this show on our web site by next week latest. We just need to take a few more photos of the art first.

B

We should be posting this show on our web site by next week latest. We just need to take a few more photos of the art first.

Cool - you guys are the greatest!

S

Just wanted to say that it was great seeing all the tiki art at your gallery that weekend. As one who doesn't have the dough to buy, I wanted to say what a great idea Munktiki's vending machine was. Art for a quarter. I had more fun with that thing! And who doesn't need a few zillion monkey swizzle things? Great fun and a great time! Thanks!

Pages: 1 11 replies