Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

German TV Interview with Tiki Art

Pages: 1 5 replies

A German TV crew from the channel SWR3 came to my atelier yesterday (April 26) for two hours of filming me for an interview and me painting for a television show.
I was selected to create the artwork for the official poster for the 10th annual New Pop music festival held in Baden-Baden, Germany from Sept. 16-18,2004.
While filming they took several shots of my paintings in my atelier including some TIKI paintings...here are a couple of photos of the filming - Tiki painting noted-:

Was lots of fun at the interview and filming!
It will be shown on German TV later in the summer and as the music festival gets closer.

http://www.toontoonz.com/index1.html

B

The Stars abound in the TC family. Big Pat on the Back...

G

congrats! Great accomplishment(sp?)!! It's nice when peopo li'dat appreciate your art.

Aloha
G

Congratulations, Toontoonz. Great work!

http://www.samgambino.com

Congrates toonz. What the hell is atelier?
Studio I suppose, it looks like a big atelier at that. I swear I'm painting in a closet, it's something like 9ft. by 9ft.

I used to think "atelier" was a German word, then one day somebody informed me it was used in America, too. From my American dictionary the word "atelier" is defined as "A workshop or studio, ecspecially an artist´s studio".

For years I have been working out of a 7 x 9 foot room on the top floor of my slanted-roof house. I´ve been looking for the last 4-5 years to find a larger place. Got a bit larger space a couple of years ago, but ended up to be just big enough to store my art and no place to work.
Finally about 4 months ago I found a larger place, where I am now.
It has two rooms, total about 20 x 50+ ft. Nice high ceilings about 10 feet tall. Even has a bathroom and kitchen area! And a good price on rent!
After moving things in, it is still not big enough - but will do for now. I use it as a gallery showroom and studio (a.k.a. "atelier").
At least now I can paint something bigger than 3-4 feet in size. I´ve got visions of doing something big like 8 x 12 feet or bigger.
With the new showroom space I hope to get more people coming to me to collect my art instead of sending all the paintings out to galleries.

Pages: 1 5 replies