Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Webcam Crawl!

Pages: 1 5 replies

I have this cool (but crazy) idea for TC members to connect with each other the next time you go to Hawaii, and I call it the "Tiki Central Webcam Crawl"
I know a lot of you have been to this website:
http://honolulu.granicus.com/MediaPlayer?publish_id=21
It’s fun just watching it and wishing we were there instead of in front of the computer.
Anyway, the next time you go to Waikiki, plan on being in front of this web cam for just a couple of minutes, give us the date and time, and even though we can't be there to enjoy Hawaii with you, we can at least have a tiki toast together (with The Duke ). It would be cool if you have a cocktail in hand (Shecky if you have him), so that we may toast each other, only the best on your tiki vacation.
Here is a map to the Duke's statue /webcam:
http://www.waikikitrolley.com/stop_duke_kahanamoku.asp
Just a thought,
Unga

Just an FYI...

When a friend of mine went to the Duke statue last summer I asked him to call me so I could see him on this cam. There's a 5-7 minute delay on the feed! I asked him to jump and when he did it didn't show on the feed until about 5-7 minutes later.

Just thought this info might be useful if you're trying to coordinate a "live" toast!

Pop my friend!
How’ve ya been?
Then again, with my alcohol intake, it seems to sync in time perfectly. :)
I have DSL, which I don’t expect a lot of TCers have. A photo (digital delay) is better than no mai tai at all, yes?.

MB

Yup, my Dad's shaka comes in a little slow, but worth the wait.
As long as people realize the delay, it's no worries. And, it is really cool to hook up via web cam.
Aloha!

Hiya Unga.

Yeah, when we tried doing this I was at work. We have an OC-3 there so that's like MEGA bandwidth fast. It still had that delay.

If I ever get to Waikiki soon, I'll give it a try with someone here. BTW, Alnshely and the Family Bong was just there two weeks ago. I wonder if they tried it with anyone?

Gecko? Maybe you can be our Guinea Pig?

On 2004-04-27 21:40, PolynesianPop wrote:
Hiya Unga.

Yeah, when we tried doing this I was at work. We have an OC-3 there so that's like MEGA bandwidth fast. It still had that delay.

Ya Pop, really weird,
I have no delay what so ever.
Company broadband traffic?

Pages: 1 5 replies