Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Lookig for wood.

Pages: 1 14 replies

Hello, I have been poking around TC for a couple of weeks, and thought i would dust off the chisels and try to carve one. Where would i find a log? I live in So Cal and as of recently started looking for people cutting down trees, with no luck! So where do you guy's get your carving logs from? I have also tried a couple of lumber yards also but they say they can't get logs only cut lumber?

Thanks in advance for the replys.

G

eh howzit brah?

looking at your TC name...do you live in Temecula CA?

My brother gets wood from some where around that area for his carvings. I can give you his email if you live in that area. He lives in Temecula. He's a nice guy. You can't miss him if you hook up. He's a big local boy and probubly da only one in Temecula. PM me.

shoots

Yep, Temecula. That would be great if he has a line on some.

Thanks again.

Call a tree cutting service. They are usually looking to get rid of logs.

I like the title of this thread.

Flounder likes the title of this thread.

Tikimecula, you could check with palm nurseries, too. There're several in the Temecula area & just south of you on the 15, mostly between Rainbow & the north end of Escondito.

Tikimecula......send your address to me at [email protected] and I will ship you a 3' palm log. No charge dude:)

Gotta start somewhere..............

G.

Flounder likes the title of this thread

How the hell did that happen?

B

Flounder, are you sure you like this thread?
Maybe it was the Beer(?) you spilled on the keyboard

I like the Title also, reminds of the old SNL skit "Wookin fo nub" for some reason. Don't make Gary send you a Palm log 3000 miles(a very cool offer). Go to an area of developement (condos) buy a six pack for the tree cutting down guy and make friends, they like not having to put Palm's in the chipper it clogs them, so they will give you free Palms and perhaps deliver.

I have Landscaper's Challenge on the t.v., they just chipped a bunch of palms!! "To use as mulch wherever possible"

B*STARDS!!!!

G

HO!! braddah Gary, dats a long way to mail a blank log! very aloha of you but I'm sure he can find wood around da area. I PM'd you back Tikimecula. Send me your email and I'll have my brother email you.

Gary, check your e-mail. I found a hook up tonight! about 2 hours away. Palms galore cut down about 3 years ago from what he says. so we'll see. Is palm wood all the same? Or is some better than others?

Andy

Pages: 1 14 replies