Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

stained glass tikis!

Pages: 1 21 replies

hey all,
just wanted to share some SHAG-inspired stained glass tikis I have been making recently! this is my first post, hope the images come out OK:

a front-view head in 2 shades of blue glass:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p0934252eec666eb698e468434fa3051f/f8d8b15f.jpg

a 3/4 view moai-style head in green:

the same pattern in a dusky pink/purple:

side view long tiki head in orange and amber bubble glass:
[img}http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/pba2901360523085ac26ba619f7eb6884/f8d8b15a.jpg[/img]

let me know what you think! I hope to do some larger window-style tiki glass panels in the future. I have been working in stained glass for a few months now, it is an amazing medium!
I am new here, am I allowed to post prices etc? thanks!

[edited by hanford to see what was up with the links]
[ Edited by: texastiki on 2004-04-28 21:03 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-04-29 16:36 ]

let me try these pics again:

[ Edited by: texastiki on 2004-04-28 21:05 ]

oops sorry

Yeah, it took me a while too. It's slightly less painful if you practice in the "Test Messages Area" below.

Reminds me of my first posts:-) If you need shutterfly help let me know. Look Forward to seeing the pictures.

Texastiki, I can't see the images in Mozilla & I'm getting little red "X"s in IE, too. I'm getting a "Forbidden" message from your server when I open them as a link.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-04-28 21:12 ]

huh, I can see them in IE, don't know what to suggest, sorry...

if you want to see them on imagestation.com you need to sign up, but it's free...they are under my username, peggysuicide

Copey fan, hmm?

You can also hit edit on the original post, copy the url and paste it in a new broswer window and veiw them that way, it worked for me. I like the yellow one, it looks like he's whistling

psychobilly upright bassist, actually...I'll join shutterfly and post from there tonite

Below is a link to one of the pictures. I think those came out pretty good myself.
Link must be copy and pasted. I did a rightclick, properties but this is the only one them worked when I posted. Apparently imagestation does not support hot linking

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/pa2c34507f85a75c7c530ab69bed87c55/f8d8b157.jpg

[ Edited by: sporkboyofjustice on 2004-04-29 16:31 ]

OK, I'll try it from shutterfly:

if anyone is interested, shoot me an email...mahalo!

ooh! TexasTiki..nice stuff.. glad you figured how to post pictures so we can all enjoy your work..

Great stained glass. I love it!

Johnny Dollar, laughed out loud! What can I say I love slapstick humor.

Great stained glass. I love it!

Johnny Dollar, laughed out loud! What can I say I love slapstick humor.

Oops, ok, speaking of errors. Why did my message post twice? I only hit the submit button once. Call me a newbee.

thanks!! I emailed Shag & co. a few weeks ago about whether there would be a copyright issue in selling these, but I never heard back...so I assume it must be OK

T

Any new stuff for us too see?

it's been a while since I did any glass tikis, but I just finished a nice 10 x 11" panel...some areas of the leaves & face are done with glass paint, then fired in a kiln to become permanent. this is a wedding gift for my friends, but I can reproduce another one from the same pattern if anyone is interested.
the photos are with the piece on a light table, and hanging in a window with natural light. as always, photos don't do it justice, as stained glass always looks much better "in person".

Pages: 1 21 replies