Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Attention East Coast Tiki Bar Outfitters!

Pages: 1 6 replies

J

I've recently embarked on outfitting my bar with a matted ceiling. Of course I bought the matting from Oceanic Arts but when it came time to find bamboo to create rafters and beams I was at a loss. Shipping on 12' pieces of bamboo from California would have killed me! I did a web search and came across...Bamboo and Rattan Works in Lakewood New Jersey! I was able to get three, 12 foot, 5 inch diameter, split bamboo poles and another 12 foot, 2 inch diameter pole to be used as a handrail going into the basement for less than $200.00! Better yet, I didn't have to pay for shipping - it was only a 2 hour drive from home! If you're looking for bamboo and are in the area I heartily endorse these people - and oddly enough they've been in business for over 100 years!

Here's the link...

http://www.bambooandrattan.com/

johntiki, yer on a tiki juggernaut! thanks for all the infoz. the website is duly noted.

i feel like we're enjoying a new golden age for tiki stuff; i can't believe all the resources we have available to us.

j$

T

Nice find Jontiki! And thanks for sharing the info! I am bookmarking these guys and when I'm ready, I am soooooo there! Mahalo!

S

Fantastic! That was exactly one of my next dilemmas. Later this year I feel a road trip comming on.

Thank you so much!

T

Thanks johntiki! I'm planning on doing my basement over into the tiki lounge (aka Clubtiki) this summer, and this source is less expensive for me by far!

I've recently found a local source of 5" X 8' pieces for $12 each. This seems like a good deal to me. They're not shiny and are kinda grey and beat up looking, but the price is right! I'm sure they could be re-finished. I am going to use them for the corner posts of the bar. This sounds like a stupidly good deal. Should I buy them now before someone figures out what's going on and raises the price?

J

That is definitely a deal - I'd grab a bunch before someone gets wise!

Pages: 1 6 replies