Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New SF Tiki Bar?

Pages: 1 11 replies

O
Otto posted on Thu, Apr 29, 2004 7:37 PM

Has anyone heard about a new place called Blend on columbus in SF?

On 2004-04-29 19:37, Otto wrote:
Has anyone heard about a new place called Blend on columbus in SF?

Dam Otto, it's about time you freakin posted somthin here.
You know a big part of this website revolves around your ass. :)
Sorry I just missed meetin ya(which I was hoping to) at the S.F. bar crawl. Next time
Well if Blend is a tiki joint, I'm coming up to investigate.

M

Hmmm...we were just talking about the new place in the Cannery near Cobb's (looks lousy) the other day, but this is news. Must explore!

P

The place in the cannery has some firepoles painted like Tiki Bob and $5.00 Mai Tais... we walked in - stood there for about 4 minutes and no one was there at all. So we went next door. I've got some photos but... just take my word for it... it's not worthy.

Maybe for Tampa - but not SF.
You buncha lucky...people.

that place aint tiki, just five gallons of paintiki. Well I did like the SHAG-esque mermaid.

Not worth the trip unless you are intentionally going to go get some chocolate or ice cream at Ghiradeli's. The bamboo wasn't even bamboo. Just paint as Chiki said.

On 2004-04-30 08:29, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Not worth the trip unless you are intentionally going to go get some chocolate or ice cream at Ghiradeli's. The bamboo wasn't even bamboo. Just paint as Chiki said.

---THANKS, I won;t be in a rush to go out of my way--bruce

T

Have not checked out Blend, but since we're on the topic of places on Columbus the Purple Onion is open again! It's no longer the great seedy dive it was when Tom Guido ran it. Now it's a classy comedy club that sells Italian wine and champagne cocktails like the Kir Royale. It's a nice place, and the restaurant upstairs serves excellent and reasonably priced Italian food. Hooray!

http://www.purpleonioncomedy.com

And hooray for Otto posting!

[ Edited by: thejab on 2004-04-30 11:38 ]

On 2004-04-30 11:37, thejab wrote:
Have not checked out Blend, but since we're on the topic of places on Columbus the Purple Onion is open again! It's no longer the great seedy dive it was when Tom Guido ran it. Now it's a classy comedy club that sells Italian wine and champagne cocktails like the Kir Royale. It's a nice place, and the restaurant upstairs serves excellent and reasonably priced Italian food. Hooray!

http://www.purpleonioncomedy.com

And hooray for Otto posting!

[ Edited by: thejab on 2004-04-30 11:38 ]

The club has gone back to its roots! Isn't that what it started as? I think that Phyliss Diller got her start there.

T

On 2004-04-30 12:19, kingslod wrote:
The club has gone back to its roots! Isn't that what it started as? I think that Phyliss Diller got her start there.

That's right. The Smothers Brothers also started there, and they had folk and jazz performances.

On 2004-04-30 12:19, kingslod wrote:

That's right. The Smothers Brothers also started there, and they had folk and jazz performances.

To carry it further off topic, Maya Angelou was a dancer there as well.

Getting back to the subject... Is "the place in the cannery" named" Blend"? or are we talking about 2 different places ?

Pages: 1 11 replies