Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

tiki in north east ohio?

Pages: 1 18 replies

acording to 'TIKI ROAD TRIP' " there is no tiki in cleveland" so i was wondering if there were any tiki collectors in north east ohio.or am i all alone in my quest in this region? TD

I was living in the Youngstown/Warren area 2 years ago for a year and a half. Over half of my collection is from there. I found stuff there all the time unlike here in Florida. Never found anything near the quality of stuff you found though.

Awesome score!

Not to shanghai your post, but I'd love to hear from anyone in Ohio who is devoted to the art of Tiki. I'm feelin' kind of lonesome here in Cincinnati (SW Ohio).

TD

well kitchy, you will have to make it up north here for one of our tiki partys this summer TD

T

Cincinnati (SW Ohio).

Man, you can really learn something these posts I'd say. I'm not really sure if I knew Cincinnati was in Ohio (no, really!).

I knew it was somewhere East of the 605 Freeway, but other that that I wasn't sure.

I mean, I'd heard 'Cincinnati' before, it's just that,... I wasn't sure what,... where's Ohio?

That's why I put my real location in parens! It's like the fricken' end of the earth. No one knows where Cincinnati is. On the positive side, there's not much competition for what little tiki stuff I do find here. :wink:

I'll give it the old college try, TD! You're the only other TC'er I know of in Ohio, other than Chisel Slinger in Columbus. I'm hoping to make my way up to his place very soon.

Does anyone know about the Beachcomber and Tiki Bar? 1146 Old River Rd, Cleveland, OH 44113. Phone: (216) 566-8454.

Then there's the Bamboo House, 640 Dover Center Rd, Bay Village, OH 44140. Phone: (440) 871-1966. There's another Bamboo House restaurant listed in the Yellow Pages @ 1257 Monroe St NW, New Philadelphia, OH 44663. Phone: (330) 343-2995, but I'm not certain how Tiki it might be.

kitschywoman, here's a few places I've spotted with Cincinnati addresses:

• Coconut Joe Hawaiian Snow, 10409 Springrun Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45231. Phone: (513) 244-1808 (not Tiki, but I like a Hawaiian shaved ice on a hot day).
  • Club Tiki, 11974 Lebanon Rd # 320, Cincinnati, OH 45241. Phone: (513) 563-0844.
T

Tiki David,
Where are you located in C-Town? I grew up on the eastside and my wife grew up on the westside. We're in LA now, but get home 1-2 times a year and would love to meet up with other Ohio Tiki Freaks.

Mr. & Mrs. Tikipug

TD

west side just south of the airport

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID on 2004-05-05 06:00 ]

Isn't Cincinnati technically the south? it's only a few miles from Kentucky, and many miles away from the "northeast". ( I have a couple of family members who went to Case Western Reserve, and still live in Cleveland)

hellooooo Cleveland.

Yes, it's several hours away from Cleveland, but as I said in my first post, I'm feeling lonely. :wink:

I have a bunch of relatives in the Canton area & there was supposed to be an old Tiki bar in Canton. I'll have to ask 1 of my uncles if they remember it, uncle Robert probably does.

i used to live in new philadelphia, the bamboo house there is a chinese restaurant. good buffet but no tiki. i'd be more than happy to get together anytime with other tiki people. we have some kickass allnight luau's here at the palms.

F

Let's hear it for the TC'er(s) in Springfield, OH!...
OK, I tried to make that sound enthusiastic.

It's great to hear of other TIKI people in Ohio!

C

Springfield, Ohio???
I'm in Yellow springs just down the road!

Cleveland represent!!! I am in Cleveland(Ohio City...to be exact) and I am proud to be a TC. True, the pickings are slim, but every now and then I find something cool...In any regard, who's having the first Ohio tiki gathering?

late,
Pakelika

We have a summer luau every year, starting with the kahiki closing.put on by myself and good friend hoffa, and of course our women elise and beth.they go all night and get pretty crazy.when this summers is planned i will post it on tiki events.plenty of tiki here. jimmy robinson.

Pages: 1 18 replies