Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking to score a lid...

Pages: 1 8 replies

Aloha!

So I have been thinking about posting this thread for a while. I am the proud owner of a Mr. Smiley (Islander, Stockton variety), but the poor fellow lost his head. He has no lid...

Yesterday, I won an auction on eBay for a Mr. Bali Hai mug and yet unidentifed Smiling Cannibal mug. The odd thing is that they have what appears to be a Mr. Bali Hai scalp on top of the Smiling Cannibal and while I am new to tiki still, I have never seen a Smiling Cannibal with a lid...and since its the same color and shape as the Mr. Bali Hai lid, I figured I have something someone might need that I have no need for.

So in essence the point of this thread is to have everyone out there with extra lids start talking with those of us with an incomplete tiki...

So let me know if you need a Mr. Bali Hai lid and I will happily trade with you. It appears to be vintage, but I will not know for sure until it shows up.

Aloha!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 12:59 ]

UB

Ah ha, with an excellent "attention getter" thread title like that, I can vouch that you are in Public Relations, Cool Manchu. Or should I say “Cool Munchies”.
I very rarely see just the lids on Ebay, so I think you are smarter to check it out here.
In fact this is a great thread and someone should start a “Looking For Spare Tiki Parts” thread.
Good Luck!

Hey Cool Manchu,
I happen to need a Mr. Bali Hai lid. I don't have an extra Mr. Smiley lid though... Maybe there is something else you would take in trade?
aloha,
:tiki:

I need the top two sections of this podwood lazy susan..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1217&item=3721979108&rd=1

DZ

Cool Manchu - which Mr. Smiley do you have? The shorter one does indeed come with a lid, but I believe the taller, narrow one is naturally "lidless".

Filslash-- I actually HAVE seen an auction for just the lid to the Aku Aku moai! This was quite a while ago, but it went for about the same as the mug itself would go for these days!

Need a Lid? Contact Tiki Bong.

Hello Dr. Z,

I wasn't aware that the Islander had a tall Mr. Smiley mug. I knew that Kelbo's had one, but I thought it was exclusive...

I have the short one that comes with a lid.

[ Edited by: Cool Manchu on 2004-05-02 20:38 ]

Hey Tiki Royale,

I sent you a personal message a while back. Let me know if you still want to trade for the lid.

Aloha!

Pages: 1 8 replies