Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Resonator Guitar - Hawaiian Steel

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

After buying some other musical equipment, I find I have no more room in the studio for other musical equipment, and must sell something.

For sale: Johnson Resonator Guitar model JM-998. nickle-plated, bell-brass body. Honduras mahogany neck, matte finish. Select rosewood fretboard with mother-of-pearl dots. Pick up mounted on resonator plate.

This is a great guitar with the classic resonator sound. This is a comtemporary guitar modeled after the National resonator used by most all the old Hawaiian steel players such as Sol Ho'opi'i and others.

In addition, I had a pickup installed on the resonator plate with the jack mounted below the strap button (see photo). I forget what make pickup it was but it was the best for that application.

The body is without scratches except for some strum marks made by finger picks by the bridge.

Hard shell case in shakey condition; structurally sound, needs new handle ($7.50).

This is not on ebay. I thought I'd offer it to my fellow TC'rs first

It lists for $895 and the pickup and installation of such was $150.

I'll let it go for $400 because I like you (however you are).

Jack for guitar cord.

Please buy this guitar from Bong, so he doesn't have to resort to anything desparate.

As an added bonus! I promise never to post anything annoying about the buyer.

On 2004-05-02 20:56, Tiki_Bong wrote:

What about the seller? :)

On 2004-05-03 10:02, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2004-05-02 20:56, Tiki_Bong wrote:

What about the seller? :)

UB, I'm not following your thought, I'm the seller (?)

UB

Hey Bong,
You know me with my smart-ass derogatory remarks
Hell, you’re my mentor. It really wasn’t definable.
That is a beautiful guitar though. $400 seems pretty cheap.
Your Protégé,
Unga

T

On 2004-05-03 14:22, Unga Bunga wrote:
That is a beautiful guitar though. $400 seems pretty cheap.
Your Protégé,
Unga

That's cause it IS cheap! I just want to move it out.

Come on folks, you don't even have to play guitar to enjoy this little beauty.

You single guys, just prop it up in the corner of your living room and that special little hose you picked up on that evening will swoon thinking her man plays gee-tar!

You parents out there, you know you really haven't been saving for retirement like you should've. Get junior ramped up on guitar and making fat bucks with a "popular" band, and make a living off the little son of a bitch. Hey! you made him anyways.

You widows/widowers out there. Life's been kind of lonely since the mrs/mr passed away. You've been moping around the house crying everytime you see your wife's/husband's false teeth still sitting in the soaker. Start playing guitar and refer to the "You single guys" paragraph above.

Now, contact me and buy this god damn thing!

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-05-04 09:01 ]

L

On 2004-05-03 16:21, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2004-05-03 14:22, Unga Bunga wrote:

Now, contact me and buy this god damn thing!

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-05-04 09:01 ]

bong, if dis buggah still available, email me your phone number. looks like a winner. Know a couple guitar collectors hawaiiside.
mahaloz!

Pages: 1 5 replies