Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Super Soaker Combat - Tiki Oasis IV!

Pages: 1 35 replies

T

All right, I know we didn't need another thread re: Tiki Oasis IV, but, so what.

I do here and now state that there will be all-out combat with any person thought to have in their possession, at one time had in their possession, or plan in the future to have in their possession, a super soaker gun!

Sniper attacks will more than likely occur at most inopportune times - eating, sleeping, going #1 and/or #2, sex, vomiting, BUT NEVER, REPEAT NEVER, (as per Geneva Convention Super Soaker Rule 1B, Section D)during the a) mixing of, b) requesting of, or c) consumption of Rum-based libations.

Thank you.

LIVE ALOHA OR I'LL BLAST YOU WITH MY SUPER-SOAKER!

In that case, I think someone ought to GIVE one of those things to King.

M

I purchased 4 brand new state of the art super soakers for the whole family.... We have been practicing with them daily.

Be on guard.

I come unarmed, but just wanted to say that the moment I saw the topic, I didn't have to look at the author column to see who started it...
BTW - It's my first Oasis, but as far as I remember from the one last year, I suggest that posession of an inflated beach ball is grounds for instant soaking.
Ran

T

Bullet-proof get-up for the ladies...

M

I can also say from experience that you'll want to keep the Super Soakers away from any poolside film projectors.

But otherwise...my soaker will be filled with mai tais.

UB

TB

On 2004-05-03 09:18, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Sniper attacks will more than likely occur at most inopportune times - eating, sleeping, going #1 and/or #2, sex, vomiting, BUT NEVER, REPEAT NEVER, (as per Geneva Convention Super Soaker Rule 1B, Section D)during the a) mixing of, b) requesting of, or c) consumption of Rum-based libations.

I'm just going to have to drink constantley to keep from getting shot.

tbird

That sounds like my line of defense! Will have a drink in hand 24-7!

![](c:/Documents and Settings/NRodriguez/My Documents/Clip Art/huladancer.gif)

mwhaaaahmwhhaahahah
we're SO prepared. We bought water weapons WEEKS ago.

TEAM PINEAPPLE

M

Damn, ya'all are killing me. I wanna go so bad! What are filling your soakers with? See you at the Hukilau...Damn damn damn

Shoot me and I'll smash your "super soakers" into a million little bits then roll who ever shot me in the broken shards of plastic!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

MB

"Ditto"
We do not "war paint" we "shave"...it's more fun!
Aloha

T

Prepare for the Benima.
Because with friends like you
Who needs an enima?
Just BENdover and take it like a man.
After we get done with the Boo's
They should be cleaner than a Summer's Eve.
Now pass the Vinegar and prepare yourselfs.
The Thrilla in Manilla
Trouble at the Tropics
The Tiki gets Freaky
You know I think Vick is gonna kill me!!!
It It It was all Bong's idea
NO really, blame him?????????????????
Overkill at the Oasis

It's not O asis. It's Arrrrrrrrrrr asis!

T

It's
WARRRRRRRRR asis

Bax, why don't you bring your paint gun? ...and freeze the paint balls....

watch out for the gernaids and flaming tennis balls from the crows nest!!!

(p.s. how to turn family fun into total chaos!)

TB

To quote a wise man...

On 2004-04-01 11:03, PolynesianPop wrote:

...that shit hurts...

Tbird

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-05-04 09:31 ]

Maybe I'll get another high-colonic from Crazy Al a la Oasis II...

TM1

On 2004-05-04 07:57, PolynesianPop wrote:

TM1

On 2004-05-04 07:57, PolynesianPop wrote:

Funny! We used to do that in the Army, when we paint balled against navy guys at a place near chinaman's hat, in Hawaii...

We would always freeze them, and if we could, would shoot the navy guys "execution style" (up really, really close) in the back of the head, where the mask was not!

Goofy bunch of guys, huh?

TB

Will Caliente be checking for water weapons at the Gate or do we have to sneak them in?

Tbird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-05-04 12:35 ]

On 2004-05-04 12:34, Tiki Bird wrote:
Will Caliente be checking for water weapons at the Gate or do we have to sneak them in?

Tbird.

Casey at Caliente Tropics personally asked me to act as a sort of super soaker armory. As such, he requested you give Bong your weapons until such time as they are needed. I promise to persoannly let you know when you need your weapon

Sorry to burst your bubble(s) but...

Per Casey, he said "I would really rather NOT have any SuperSoakers at all. For any other time it wouldn't be a problem, but because of the overwhelming amount of people that will be attending this event, SuperSoakers would be a problem that he really doesn't want to have to handle. Too many kids, too many people, and someone is bound to have a problem or get hurt".

This is the exact response when I asked him directly (which only took a simple phone call) asking if it is ok to have any type of squirtgun/supersoaker/watershooting devices on the premises.

From a business owner point of view, as well as knowing/reading MANY unfortunate instances myself (the wife is vice-pres of an insurance company), liability is a great worry. I can just see someone heading up to the vendor area with a water cannon shooting off a load, pissing off many a shopper, vendor and possibly hitting the stage area with all the electrical equipment (yup, there goes the entertainment), not to mention that the vendors have power running at their tables. Don't discount the fact that it wouldn't happen.

Don't say that you didn't know ahead of time.

I am just the messenger, not the rule maker.

Last thought: In this age of cell phone, PDA's, digital cameras/videocams and portable laptop computers, I sure hope a fight doesn't break out from a water shooting person ruining an expensive piece of equipment carried by an unknowing bystander. Better bring cash ready to calm your soaked, flaming-mad victim.

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2004-05-04 15:35 ]

M

I think that all the squirt gun sh*t talking has been taken too seriously by some of you. The point was to draw up some fun drama in advance of the event. I do not truly beleive that anyone would be assaulting other guests who were not interested in participating. The point is to show up with a few pool toys to make it fun. The Oasis is a crowded event. Not much room for running, ducking and covering. We were only planning on using them to shoot eachother in the pool. When surrounded with other people, its all about being considerate of one's surroundings.

I think some of you underestimate the average intelligence and consideration of your fellow attendees if anyone beleives that someone would randomly open fire in the vendor area or near someone elses electronics.

T

I'd have to say Monkeyman hit the nail on the head. I was only having a little fun. I'm sure a couple of members that posted responses have already U-Moderate a bitch message to Hanford once again about the "out of control" Bong.

Sugar, I'm well aware of risk management, besides handling all finances for the City I work for, I also handle our self-insurance activities. Don't you think I know the price of equipment seeing that I'm bringing several thousand dollars worth of it. Relax and have a Mai Tai.

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-05-04 17:12 ]

TR

Are Bax's balls banned this year too?

MB
Mrs. B posted on Tue, May 4, 2004 7:02 PM

Yes, I agree with Monkeyman and Bong.
I believe most of us are intelligent enough to know when and where water power would be appropriate.
Sugah, don't check the in-room booze rules, or you will get SOAKED! :lol:

There will be booze in the rooms?

I'll participate in the super soaker fight if there's a worthy opponent for me. My makers are designing a detachable Water Cannon, it'll be kinda like bringing a Nuclear Launcher to a bee-bee gun fight ;p

MB
Mrs. B posted on Tue, May 4, 2004 7:38 PM

Absolutely not. Never. Nope. Not a drop.
In a "Mom" tone.....How coouuuuld we!?!?
It will be a most excellent Oasis!! :)

Ok, screw the super soakers.

I'm bringing a truck load of Roman candles!!!

(Super Soaker Soldiers of Misfortune. Report to SGT. Bamboo and receive your new weapon!)

SCD, watch your ass at night!!! We're all gonna get ya!!!

*On 2004-05-04 19:15, mrs. pineapple wrote:*There will be booze in the rooms?

NO! This is a "dry" event.

TB

On 2004-05-04 12:34, Tiki Bird wrote:

Tbird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-05-04 12:35 ]

Sorry SCD, i was just kiddin with bong.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-05-05 09:57 ]

Pages: 1 35 replies