Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trad'r Sams Trivia

Pages: 1 6 replies

M

I was told tghis last night by the bartender at Trad'r Sams in San Franscico; "the last bit of dialogue in the Maltese Falcon between Humphrey Bogart and Peter Lorry invloves them wondering if they want to go to Trad'r Sams out of Geary-and Bogart says something like 'no, I'll just turn in' ".
Anyone have a copy of the movie to verify??

T
thejab posted on Mon, May 3, 2004 7:17 PM

I think he really said "Do you want to go to the Foggy Grotto?"

I also heard Bogie was supposed to have said "Play it again, Trader Sam" in Casablanca.

H

Here's a copy of the script I found online:

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/Maltese_Falcon.pdf

I didn't take the time to look through it exhaustively, but I scanned through the last few scenes with Peter Lorre & didn't see anything like that, and I did a search on the words "geary" and then "trader","trad'r", a few other things, and nothing came up about Trad'r Sam's.

T

I have a copy of the flick, but I won't have time to scope it out until at least Wednesday. Stay tuned.

M

On 2004-05-03 19:17, thejab wrote:
I think he really said "Do you want to go to the Foggy Grotto?"

He had a great time at the Grotto. Seemed to have a taste for the Tortuga. Drank six of 'em and then just stared at the rain lamp for a few hours.

Another related trivia ditty,
The head hunter at Disneyland's Jungle Cruise ride was named Trader Sam. The skipper would say He's having a "bargain sale, two of his heads for one of yours".

M

On 2004-05-04 00:36, tikibars wrote:
I have a copy of the flick, but I won't have time to scope it out until at least Wednesday. Stay tuned.

Looks like what I heard may be a fairy-tale--but I'm still interested in case anyone wants to watch the movie.

Pages: 1 6 replies