Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki oasis mad scramble!

Pages: 1 9 replies

how many tiki oasis vendors are in a mad dash to get everything together? I know I am! I just finished a mold a few minutes ago so I can make my biggest, jumbo tiki candle yet! I hope it woiks! :D Good luck to all!

MB
Mrs. B posted on Tue, May 4, 2004 9:12 PM

On 2004-05-04 10:23, suburbanpagan wrote:
how many tiki oasis vendors are in a mad dash to get everything together? I know I am! I just finished a mold a few minutes ago so I can make my biggest, jumbo tiki candle yet! I hope it woiks! :D Good luck to all!

I'm getting one of your candles...they are coolieooo'.
It's like the night before a college final...."if you don't know the material, you won't learn it by morning."
There's sure to be "one last thing to do." Wrap it up and prepare for a really fun weekend...you'll need the pre-rest! :)
Aloha!

thanks a lot! it's funny that I get most of my best ideas right at the cusp of being to late to do anything about it! It's a good thing that I'm a spaz! Just a little more work then I cool my jets! :D

F

wow!I'm running around like a "fish" with it's head cut off.I don't know how much stuff to bring.

I'd say to bring as much as possible! this seems to be shaping up to be mega-huge! Good luck!

I got 3 hours wasted today by some whack job who decided to leave a briefcase in a shopping center parking lot. I parked 4 spaces away. Long story short. They evacuated the entire block, brought in the Bomb Squad, so, I did nothing for a whole 3 hours. (well, I did watch some pretty intense work that these dudes do. praise to the Sherrifs who risk their lives for us!!) 3 hours later, they said, "Clear" and let us get our cars. Better safe than sorry.

So, I was going to try to post pics of the bars I am bringing and it looks bleak at this time. It would take me 3 hours to post them. Arrrrrrrrrr!! Oh well. Just my luck!

the rev has the humdinger of "waste of time" tales! damn! sorry to hear that ! seems to be the way it goes when time is of the essence! but , it was cool that you got to see the squad in action and that there was no real threat! I'm in my last throws of tiki madness, stewing coconutty wax on the stove....blasted my hand with a hammer in the exact same spot not once....not twice..but three times while breaking up large blocks of wax with a hammer and chisel! the hand didn't start swelling until the third direct hit! I am now done with that nasty business! I ramble....

T

too funny, S.P. I was gonna ask you in your email the same question about running around all crazy trying to finish stuff up. I've got a hole truck load now that I gathered it all in one place. I remember Crazy Al saying his resin tikis were melting last year, I hope your candles fend okay! Try to get close to me, I've got a rain system I'm working on for my hut... I'm not sure if it's gonna gush, or just drizzle? Yeah, can't wait to get one of your candles either! See you guys there!

thanks for the offer of cool refreshment! My tikis will definitely be drawn to the mist! I guess we're neighbors....I live in Moorpark and was working up in Ventura off of Poli recently on a local magazine and was figuring that there must be some awesome tiki carvers in the area! And there you are!

and away we gooooooooooooo!

Pages: 1 9 replies