Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Custom Swizzle Sticks

Pages: 1 19 replies

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Apr 9, 2002 2:59 PM

Kiliki found a place that will make custom swizzle sticks. That's just great, but the minimum order is 100,000. So how could a group like us split the cost and the sticks and come up with the design to end all designs and be happy?

Is it possible? I'm sure we have ideas of The Great Swizzle we would make. Although there are an awful lot of awesome ones in existence today and why make a new batch instead of collecting the old ones?

It's something to think about.

TC

what about a shecky swizzle to go w/ our mugs? it could read "tiki central" down the side of it.

:sheckymug: Tiki Chris :sheckymug:

T

Hey, Swanky, how much was a minumum order, ballpark?

We are awaiting a reply from the company. I sent them a guess to the design and asked for a ballpark figure. Hopefully they will respond soon.

I asked if they could split the design within the lot of 100,000 - that's how we all can win!

Aloha,
Tiki Kiliki

J

Count me in!!! I would love to have some Tiki Central swizzle sticks and would be willing to fork over some cold hard cash for some as well!

:drink:

T

I agree with Tiki Chris, a :sheckymug: Shecky Swizzle to co-ordinate with our :sheckymug: Shecky Mugs! Yeah, you have to put Tiki Central on it somewhere.

mmmmmm..... dreaming of the day I'll be swizzlin' the Ultimate Shecky Mai Tai!!!

100,000 seems an awful lot. Even if a hundred of us ordered them, we'd end up with a thousand each!! Then again, that's only a thousand cocktails.....a couple of years worth.....

Trader Woody

i'm game. actually, wait...what kind of money are we talking about here?

:sheckymug: Tiki :sheckymug: Chris :sheckymug:

F

I would adore being included in this. I don't mind being inundated with tiki swizzle sticks either. I could use the extras for craft projects with my preschool students and use the expense as a business write off! (I'm a clever girl) I would need an idea of the cost involved before I committed though. What a super idea!

[ Edited by: Fonduie on 2002-04-10 19:34 ]

D

ooh! count me in ~ i have no idea what i'd do with so many swizzle sticks..but i wouldn't want to be without them either!

if the cost is incredible, we could always auction a couple of these "HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE, RARELY SEEN, blahblahblah stylish stirrers" to defray the costs! oh dont forget to add extraneous words like "shag, eames and rockabilly"....

Dogbytes you forgot

vintage, classic, rare, tiki, unique, trader vics?, and old.

I'm interested but like all the others I'd like to know cost.

you forgot "eames era, retro, and rockabilly." and of course we'd have to put "L@@K" on there too!

:sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug:
TIKI CHRIS

Yeah, we COULD sell the swizzels on ebay, but if we all went in to buy them, that would leave a small audience left to bid on them. And them if you put all that stuff into it, some idiot like me would say "Hey, I gotta have one of those!" and bid on them. (I'm kinda crazy like that when I'm tired!)

:tiki:
L@@K!, RETRO-ROCK-A-BILLY-COOL!, Tiki, vintage, Trader Vics?, Beachcomber?, Kahiki?, AWESOME-DUDE, Mai Tai, Classic drink swizzel sticks for your TIKI BAR.
(And so on...and so forth...)

:sheckymug:

S

My bet is that the cost won't be that much. If 100,000 is the minimum order, they can't be too expensive. It's just a squirt of plastic.

What to do with 1000 swizzle sticks:
Take them to your favorite bar and ask them to use them in all your drinks.

Give them to friends.

Trade with your pals! Collect all 5!

Pass them out at any events you go to as promotion of Tiki Central.

Donate a bunch to Hala Kahiki in Chicago, and maybe other favorite Tiki Bars.

perhaps along the side have printed:

"www.tikicentral.com"

members could use 'calling swizzle sticks' rather than boring old calling cards!

:sheckymug:

M

there are places that will imprint on the stock tiki swizzle sticks they offer and you don't have to get 100,000. no, I don't have a company name at this time-sorry

Did anything ever come of the custom swizzles? I'm in the market right now for personalized swizzle sticks. I sure would appreciated any info. Anyone? Thanks!

-Weird Unc

this link might help:

http://www.harco.on.ca/plastics/stock_stir_imprint.html

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-03-12 11:38 ]

S

Weird Uncle,
Kiliki came up with a great place. We are working on an order right now. Email her about it and she can give you some info. The minimum order is 10,000, but the price is $700-1000. Not exactly sure because of the set up cost. 7 to 10 cents each. Nobody does fewer than that, but this place she found does some awesome designs.

Pages: 1 19 replies