Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

7 Marples Chisels/gouges $1.00 each

Pages: 1 13 replies

B

I just won these seven Marples tools ( TIKI Creators) for 7$ plus shiping. these atr 26 to 56$ tools.Happy,Happy Happier

<

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-05-12 05:25 ]

A happy Benzart = Many carvings = happy TCers who get to gawk at the pictures you post wishing that we could buy everyone.

Hooray for happy days! (like today and the show too! :))

B

Thanks Poly, you guys keep me inspired

8T

Wow Ben, that's a steal for Marples stuff from what I've seen over the past several months of chisel watchin'. CONGRATS. Can't wait to see what you create with the help of more accessories like those.

B

Here is the link to the E-Bay store and they still have some marples left. there is only 1 more I'm bidding on, the rest are all duplicates""http://stores.ebay.com/Sell2All_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm""
Good luck

8T

Ben, I ordered from those guys awhile back. The item might be had for a good price but their shipping is kind of a "gouge" HAHA

Did you see that they will not combine items to save you on shipping?? Something about they ship from too many warehouses. Well that doesn't matter if you are still pleased with the cost once averaged out per tool.
They do ship fast though. Have fun with them!

B

They won't combine shipping, and the shipping is $8.95 whis Steep. But for 1.00 each plus shipping, it is only $9.95 for Marples, New in the packaging, gouges. they will retail anywhere from $25.00 up.. so it is still a good deal. Now I will have some tools longer than 5" (carving tools)

8T

You know, I keep thinking about what killer work you have been turning out. I mean, considering that you have had health issues this year and now... you reveal that you have been using a "small tool" (carving tool that is)!!!
You are going to be PURE DEADLY when you get the large chisels & gouges. When you score some big logs....oh man if I wasn't so many hundred frickin' miles away, I would just come over to your place to watch you carve. I'm serious man! I still can't get over all of the photos of your work in Las Vegas which you posted when you joined TC.
I don't care how long ago that was and I know how humble you are but this I gotta say:
Ben, you are a Master Carver. And by the way, this new camera you are using kicks butt! Thanks for the great detailed shots you are supplying. You have the TC ohana in awe. Stay well and keep busy.
8FT

Save the Tikis!

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-05-13 22:00 ]

B

Thanks 8ft, I appreciate the kind words.
My new used camera is the same as my old one, a Nikon Coolpix 950. I stayed the same becauseI got a good deal and cxan use all my accessories. I have a $150.oo wide angle lens attachment that is killer and I didn't want to give it up. Same with Batteries, charger and filters and memory cards.
I have a Mahogany board that is 4" X5" X4' long. I may seperate it into 12" pieces and go from there for starters. I have 2 pieces of Mahogany 8"X10"X2" thick for which I have planned 2 different relief carvings I'm keeping quiet about for now, but I promise they will be Sweet if I can do them like I hope. A Friend here just gave be a DVD Copy of "Everett Ellenwoods Sharpening Simplified" and he goes into Great detail on how to sharpen chisels, Flat, Gouges, Veiners and V tools. I wish I had a DVD Copier so I could share it with TC'rs whowant it.
Anyway I'm down to a few days then All hell breaks loose.

You deserve them, Ben. I saw some of your work first hand this past weekend and you are off the charts. I miss my own chisels. I need to unpack them!

B

Thanx BK. Why don't you bring your chisels down here and unpack them and carve for awhile?? Get away, Have fun in the sun.....
Your tools Need you. they get depressed if they stay boxed up too long.

B

BK, which of my pieces did you see this past weekend?

Ben, that sounds like a great idea foe BK. Just go down there and carve, relax and start the new chapter.

B

Yeah, maybe we need to get a group project together. We'll all gang up on BK, kidnap him and his tools and go to a big log and we'll all sit down in a row and carve on it. Tho I think he's tired of us talking about it since I can't find the post in this forum where you (ithink) started asking where he was. That seems to have evaporated unless my usual stupid self just can't find it.
Oh BY THE Way,, Sell2All on E-BAy still has several gouges and a Bunch of fine chisels for CHEEP and no ones bidding on them much.
When I got Mine, I was Amazed at the quality
They needed to be sharpened and honed and they are nice tools
Look from this link--http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=marples&srchdesc=y&sid=3324917&store=Sell2All&colorid=5&fp=0&st=2

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-05-28 19:58 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies