Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Drinkin' Beer At Night Is Right!

Pages: 1 14 replies

This is a Weizenbeer-Glass-Design...

...here's one with a brown layer underneath so you can see better how the shape looks...

sehr gut thorsten! was fur weizenbier haben sie gern? ich habe paulaner oder hacker-pschorr...

hansi$

S
SES posted on Tue, May 11, 2004 10:33 AM

Looks great!
The brown layer that you mentioned shows as grey on my computer though.

On 2004-05-11 10:33, susane wrote:
Looks great!
The brown layer that you mentioned shows as grey on my computer though.

yeah, it's kind of more 'taupe...'

Great work as always, Thorsten. It has a kind of guitar shape, more so with the layer.

Yes, nice work.

Unfortunately, here in the good ol USA, we cannot drink outside in public such as your subject is.

(guess it has something to do with that 'freedom' thing (?))

K
Kono posted on Tue, May 11, 2004 6:24 PM

On 2004-05-11 13:03, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Yes, nice work.

Unfortunately, here in the good ol USA, we cannot drink outside in public such as your subject is.

Actually, in New Orleans public drinking is mandatory.

"Boy, do my eyes deceive me or do you not have a goddamn drink in your hand?!"

"Sorry officer but I'm heading over to get a Hurricane right now."

"Son, you better run your ass straight on over there cuz if I catch you walking around here again without so much as goddamn sorry ass pina colada in your clammy little hands I'm gonna run you in!"

"Yes sir officer. Thank you sir!"

Love that town! :D

On 2004-05-11 18:24, Kono wrote:

Yes, nice work.

Yeah, a friend from there told me about the drive thru daiquri stands and "to go" cups. Bong is just frustrated because he lives behind...THE ORANGE CURTAIN!

Thanks, glad you like it!

@ Johnny Dollar: Well, I like Paulaner the most! :wink: AND it's the most popular Weizenbeer in Germany...

Well yeah I know that people aren't allowed to drink in public in the US...weird...

TB

Very nice design!

What rhymes with morning?

Oh, and nice design.

S
SES posted on Wed, May 12, 2004 8:10 PM

On 2004-05-12 04:27, Thorsten Hasenkamm wrote:
Well yeah I know that people aren't allowed to drink in public in the US...weird...

Except in New Orleans... they seemed to encourage it there last time I visited.

On 2004-05-11 23:33, Shipwreckjoey wrote:

On 2004-05-11 18:24, Kono wrote:

Yes, nice work.

Yeah, a friend from there told me about the drive thru daiquri stands and "to go" cups. Bong is just frustrated because he lives behind...THE ORANGE CURTAIN!

Nawlins & Vegas, plus can't you get a "Go Cup" in Hot-lanta? And up to a few years ago you could drink & drive in Texas, you just couldn't drive drunk.

I remember crossing Texas along I10 & I40, stopping in drive-thru liquor stores for Lone Star, switching drivers when you got too drunk... :D Good times!

This discussion reminds me of a product idea I came up with: Brown Bag Ale.

The idea is it's beer sold in a bottle but comes already inside of a brown bag with a strand of twine around the neck keeping the bag on. Perhaps there's a "Remove before drinking" tag on the neck too that describes what it is. The idea is it is THE beer for drinking outdoors becuase it is already bagged for avoiding (some) open container laws in the US.

Kind of a gimmicky but fun idea that you could sell in liquor stores near colleges ....

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-05-13 15:44 ]

K
Kono posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 4:40 PM

Some beaches here in Florida allow public drinking. At least they used to. When I lived over in Pinellas County I remember that you could drink on Clearwater Beach as long as you were north of the pier. When I lived on Sunset Beach on Treasure Island you could drink on the beach as long as you didn't have glass containers. I've also been to "festivals" (art/food/jazz etc) in downtown St Pete, Ybor City and Clearwater where they sold cups of beer and wine for public drunkeness. A few weeks ago I was in downtown Sanford on a Saturday morning and they were having some kind of mini-Mardi Gras and they had a beer truck out. We actually have quite a bit of public drinking around Florida now that I think about it! Can't hold a candle to 'Nawlins though.

Pages: 1 14 replies