Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Are you a Survivor Fan? (don't bother to read if not)

Pages: 1 14 replies

L

I was just getting ready to head to the pool at Oasis for one last swim when I saw the ad for the final Survivor all star. That started the mad dash home.
Any way, Rupert is my favorite and you can vote for him to win the "Viewers Choice Million" at CBS.com. You can also vote for your favorite Survivor moment. Mine is easily when Rupert stole the shoes whlie he talked like a pirate!
So vote for Rupert before Wed. night-he deserves it!

I voted for Rupert too, and the shoe stealing moment. Watching Rupert over the last two seasons I can easily see him sitting back drinking out of a tiki mug.

I admit I've watched several episodes of this Survivor, but for one reason; Lex (tattoos, piercings, already voted off) is an old buddy of mine. Our old bands played together at Mardi Gras in New Orleans 12-14 years ago, and we hit it off. I came out and stayed with their manager and Lex and Lex's then-fiancee-now-wife for New Years one year. You can't find a nicer guy than Lex.

But ever since Boston Rob, aka "The Godfather" (aka, "Treacherous SOB Traitor") sold him out, I don't care very much who wins :(

At least with the All Stars show, they're not trying to make Lex be the paranoid *sshole that they were editing him to be on "Survivor Africa." He told me after that, "Why was I thinking it would be any different? They CAST me to be the evil guy! Tattoos and piercings, you know? Of course I'm The Scary Guy!" He may not have taken away the million dollars from that show, but he did return with a parasite that he had for many many months (the one that cost him the whole shebang, as in his weakened state of diarrhea and nausea, he couldn't stand on the pole in the hot sun.)

Funny thing: when I was in New York at Easter, I was eating at an outside restaurant, when who should walk by but Ethan (? The one who won Survivor Africa? Dark curly hair?). My lunch companion said, "Ooh! Cute guy!" I turn around and said, "Oh! That's the guy who won Survivor Africa; he's been on All Stars with.....my buddy.....LEX! LEX!" (I felt like an idiot, like yelling, "Madonna! Madonna! It's ME!" Everyone stared.)

Yep, accompanying Ethan there on St. Marks was Lex and his wife, and Ethan's hottie girlfriend! "What are you doing here?!" I questioned [instead of his being in Santa Cruz]. "I got kicked off Survivor last night, and I'm here doing all the talk shows for the losers! I was on Conan last night, and we did the Today Show this morning!" My whole day was filled with bizarro coincidences like that, but that was by far the most pleasant.

So my vote goes like this:

ANYONE BUT BOSTON ROB!!

S

Plus, you know Rupert would actually use the money for a lot of good for others, and not to kick back and blow it like just about every other one would. He clearly has no use for fancy things.

8T

Chalk up another vote for Rupert. We've seen each episode of every season of Survivor.
Lots of great moments but the shoe stealing was CLASSIC! It seems as if the TC tribe has spoken............

Remember to watch Thursday night to see the results ! I have a feeling that Jerri is gonna wish she didn't walk out!

hmmm...this is a tough choice in my opinion. kinda neat to hear about the lex connection. an aquaintance of mine who is prominent in my field (speech language pathology) acutally works with lex's son, who is autistic. and rupert is the hands down crowd favorite. BUT WHAT ABOUT RUDY???? that is guy is THE MAN!

:)

I voted for Rupert as well. As I told my wife, the other made a big mistake not breaking up that little love nest. I would have. If you notice the lazy-butts are the ones who win. They let the others work themselves silly and then own them when it comes to the challenges. It goes to show some people don't have the tribe mentality.

S

Okay, I think they need to change it all next season. I think the tribes should be changed after every challenge. After the reward, randomly change the tribes. After coucil, do it again. This would stop all the alliances, which I think ruin the game, and it would prevent the one tribe with greater numbers at the merge from destroying the other one as always happens. It's too predictable. They have got to seriously change things.

I was ready to never watch again after last year when the nice guy loses and the dirt bag wins. Too many bad winners.

Jenna was stupid this time. Going with Rob and Amber meant a third place finish. If she had stuck with Rupert, sure, she might have drawn the bad rock and been 4th, but no worse that 3rd really. But if Rob or Amber had drawn the bad rock, she had a very good chance of making the final 2, maybe winning it.

D

My vote . . . Rupert. Class act through both shows he was on. One minor complaint I have is when he was duped by BRob into arguing with Big Tom. Did you see the devilish grin on BRob's face?

S
SES posted on Thu, May 13, 2004 7:51 PM

YAY! Rupert!

:)

yeah i was wishin i was in Rupert's place.. i would have knocked that damn grin off of his face.

Next season they ought to eat the losers.

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
http://www.unklejohn.com

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2004-05-13 21:50 ]

I was very excited to see Rupert take the million. I would have been happy with any of the 4 except for Rob. I liked him during the season, but he really came off as a pompous a**hole when he was sitting in the final four.

Next season looks great. I counted at least 10 tikis in the previews, so hopefully we get to see quite a few more come September. I don't know what I'll do with no new tv til then, guess I'll just have to sit around drinking mai tais.

DZ

Am I the only one who was disappointed that Johnny Fairplay was not on the All-Stars? That guy was far and away the best villain the show has ever had!! I loved to hate him, then hated myself for loving to hate him - or something... At any rate, I was glad to see him in the audience, as sleazy as ever - anybody seen his wrestling gig?

I knew Rupert was going to win anyhow, with or without my vote, so I voted for Shii Ann...

Oh, and I was also disappointed that the All-Star castaways failed to make proper use of the word "disingenuous" as so many other past tribes have.

T

I saw Rupert on one of the entertainement news shows and he said he received around 85% of the votes.

T

I voted for Shii Ann too. If it weren't for Lex, she woulda gone somewhere. Girl came through when she needed to. And I liked her exit speech. Only her, Rob M, and Richard hatch 'get it', the rest of the players all let their emotions interfere with the game.

I was sorry to see Rob M. back down and start getting all apologetic for winning when being grilled by the jury to decide who gets the mil. Nice time to lose your spine. Sheesh!

Pages: 1 14 replies